You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
I tried using scrot and import to take screenshots, but both of them will often just take already taken screenshot.
For example, I take one screenshot, then I take the other one on completely different workspace with different apps opened but it makes the completely same screenshot, altough I am definitely not on that workspace, or even if that workspace is closed. This happens randomly and there doesn't seem to be any pattern by which we could know will the screenshot be taken properly or it will just repeat one of the previous screenshots.
Last edited by momu (2017-11-14 19:32:40)
Offline
Please read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. Details about your setup (Gnome/KDE), exact commands used, package versions, graphics stack, etc., all would be the minimum level of helpful information.
Moving to NC...
Offline
I'll give you a quick start:
scrot captures what you see right now on your screen and saves it, to the current working directory by default. If you want the screenshot to be stored in another place, you could:
cd ~/ramdisk; scrotwill save what you see on your screen right now to the folder ramdisk/ in your home dir. You can also screenshot a specific window. For example:
cd ~/ramdisk; scrot -s -bThis command will save a picture of the next window clicked, including its decorations like borders etc, into the ramdisk/ folder in your home dir.
You could also, for example:
scrot ~/ramdisk/screenshot.pngFor more options:
scrot --helpSee also https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ta … shot#scrot
For us to help you troubleshot, we would need to know more, for example if you use scrot by typing in a terminal, by a keybind in your DE/WM, or other method. We'd also very much like to know your exact command/s.
Sometimes, when I'm trying to get any audio software or hardware working with my system, I wonder why I ditched Windows. But every time I work at a windows computer, I remember it again.
Offline
Please read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. Details about your setup (Gnome/KDE), exact commands used, package versions, graphics stack, etc., all would be the minimum level of helpful information.
Moving to NC...
I use i3wm.
Commands that I tried are:
scrotand
import -window root ~/Pictures/screenshot-$(date +%H-%M-%S-%j-%Y).pngMy keybindings are:
If I use scrot:
set $print scrot
bindsym --release Print exec --no-startup-id $printAnd if I use import:
set $print import -window root ~/Pictures/screenshot-$(date +%H-%M-%S-%j-%Y).png
bindsym --release Print exec --no-startup-id $printThere is no difference in using keybindings and executing command in terminal.
Scrot version is 0.8.17-2, and import (ImageMagick) is version 6.9.9-21.
Offline
Pages: 1