You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-16 06:32:54

Stephen304

Load balancing wifi LAN connections?

I know load balancing multiple connections is something that's often misunderstood by noobs, so I want to first emphasize what I'm actually trying to do:

I am currently in China, using a vpn to access youtube and other google services. Our hotel offers free censored wifi, but they appear to be doing a lot of fuckery when it comes to throttling. I do have multiple wifi cards on hand, though, so I want to connect each one to the wifi to circumvent the per-device speed limit.

I don't think this would normally work as is, but I'm wondering if the fact that I am using a UDP vpn on top of this could alleviate the risks of having out of order packets go to my VPN provider. Since all of my network cards would be connecting to the same wifi network, there shouldn't be a problem of packets coming from different ip addresses.

I'm hoping that somehow this could enable me to watch 144p youtube videos without buffering... Mobile data is extremely expensive here.

Edit: I actually just realized that maybe the hotel's router would get confused as to which wifi card to send replies to - someone tell me if this is correct...

Last edited by Stephen304 (2017-11-16 06:43:39)

Board footer