You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-16 08:48:38

welkie

[SOLVED] Firefox not staying logged in to sites after browser closed

I decided to try Firefox now that the official package is version 57, but I'm having an issue. When I log into sites and close the browser, then return to the site, I am logged out. My browser settings are still there (bookmarks, home page, logged into Firefox account), but the sites themselves are logged out.

Already tried:

- Uninstalling Firefox (with "sudo pacman -R firefox") and reinstalling it (with "sudo pacman -S firefox"), no effect.

This I found kind of interesting... In the settings, under privacy, the option to "remember logins and passwords for websites" is greyed out.

UPDATE:

I found a post from within 24 hours ago on Firefox's site for this problem too. They mentioned that it's caused by the history setting being set to "never". I checked my setting for this and it was indeed set to "never". I'm confused by this, since I did not set this explicitly, but I did import everything from Chromium, so perhaps their import process mixed this up.

Going to leave this post up in case anyone else is having the problem. You can find the setting by going to "Preferences" and searching for "never remember history".

Last edited by welkie (2017-11-16 09:00:18)

Board footer