You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-23 12:26:12

mugnipper

[SOLVED] recoll without recollq?

Hi,

When I install recoll there is no recollq available. I know this is an configure option while compiling. Is there are a reason it was disabled in the package from community?

There is an package in the AUR recoll-with-recollq but this version is older then the one in community.

Is there a way for me to activate it or sth?

Thanks!

Last edited by mugnipper (2017-11-23 15:19:54)

#2 2017-11-23 12:37:21

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [SOLVED] recoll without recollq?

mugnipper wrote:

There is an package in the AUR recoll-with-recollq but this version is older then the one in community.

Then upate the version in the PKGBUILD

mugnipper wrote:

Is there a way for me to activate it or sth?

ys thr s. ctv th flg n th pkgbld frm th bs.

There are even comments in the PKGBUILD from the AUR saying this is exactly what was done for that PKGBUILD.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2017-11-23 13:09:13

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

From upstream:

recollq is not built by default. You can use the Makefile in the query directory to build it. This is a very simple program, and if you can program a little c++, you may find it useful to taylor its output format to your needs. Not that recollq is only really useful on systems where the Qt libraries (or even the X11 ones) are not available. Otherwise, just use recoll -t, which takes the exact same parameters and options which are described for recollq.

Arch uses default options. The "with-recollq" package equally depends on said Qt and X11 libraries. Does "recoll -t" have a runtime dependency on those libraries? (clearly, both packages install them to the system)

Trilby wrote:

ys thr s. ctv th flg n th pkgbld frm th bs.

Though I received a degree in Unix-we-do-not-like-vowels-speak, I cannot figure out what "ctv" is supposed to mean. Context would point to "chng".

Last edited by Alad (2017-11-23 13:13:28)

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby

#4 2017-11-23 15:19:11

mugnipper

The PGKBUILD in aur has dependency to qtwebkit which takes forever to build, and at every run of updates I would revert back to the default PKGBUILD.

The possibility with -t is just what I looked for, thank you both very much!

#5 2017-11-23 19:30:08

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Yes it is harder to understand someone when they drop vowels from their words (which is what I was replying too).  But for that one it was a direct reply to the question: Is there a way to activate it?  I suppose I did miss a 't'.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer