You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-25 17:52:17

jeroen_JDOG
Member
Registered: 2015-03-28
Posts: 19

Gitweb error:XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document

I am trying to install Gitweb, a web interface for a git server that comes with the default git package.
However I am running into some issues.
The following error occurs when I go to http://localhost/gitweb: "error on line 14 at column 6: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document".
I have no idea what file this error occurs in though, and I cannot find it myself.

The files that I have searched:
- /etc/gitweb.conf (this only has 6 lines)
- /etc/httpd/conf/extra/gitweb.conf (this only has 11 lines)
- /usr/share/gitweb/gitweb.cgi (line 14 reads "use CGI::Util qw(unescape);", but I don't think that I should be changing this file anyways)

How I installed git / gitweb until this error occured:
- (I already have a working web server using apache / mariadb)
- (I used the wiki for the installation / configuration procedure)
- $ pacman -S git
- Created /etc/httpd/conf/extra/gitweb.conf with contents as described in the wiki page
- Added an include for conf/extra/gitweb.conf at the end of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
- Added line "LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so" to /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf (I was getting the errors as the wiki describes)
- Created /etc/gitweb.conf with contents as described in the wiki page
- Created a bare git repository with the commands described under "Adding repositories" in the wiki page
- Added lines "[gitweb]" and "owner = Jeroen" to the config file in the git repository

I googled as well for the specific error, but I couldn't find any solution among the results about gitweb.

Please let me know if you have any idea what I might be missing.

Thanks,
Jeroen

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB