You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-30 18:57:14

Batou
Member
Registered: 2017-01-03
Posts: 262

SOLVED [Calibre] "Cannot mix incompatible Qt library" core dump error

Hi all,

I use Calibre to convert books and upload them to my reader and now it stopped converting files to ePub and just started giving me a cryptic error saying that it FAILED. After trying the command line version, I finally managed to get an actual error:

$ ebook-convert input.txt output.epub

....
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50901) with this library (version 0x50903)
[1] - 13686 abort (core dumped) ebook-convert input.txt output.epub 

Any idea how to fix this "Qt library" error?

Last edited by Batou (2017-11-30 19:24:22)


Please vote for all the AUR packages you're using. You can mass-vote for all of them by doing: "pacman -Qqm | xargs aurvote -v" (make sure to run "aurvote --configure"  first)

Offline

#2 2017-11-30 19:04:09

eschwartz
Fellow
Registered: 2014-08-08
Posts: 4,097

Re: SOLVED [Calibre] "Cannot mix incompatible Qt library" core dump error

Since the repository packages work fine, do you have any qt5 packages or calibre itself that were self-compiled e.g. AUR packages?

Also note that a bad platformtheme plugin can cause these errors too, since qt5-base will automatically load it based on the contents of the QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME or QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE environment variables.


Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Offline

#3 2017-11-30 19:15:20

Batou
Member
Registered: 2017-01-03
Posts: 262

Re: SOLVED [Calibre] "Cannot mix incompatible Qt library" core dump error

Eschwartz wrote:

Since the repository packages work fine, do you have any qt5 packages or calibre itself that were self-compiled e.g. AUR packages?

Also note that a bad platformtheme plugin can cause these errors too, since qt5-base will automatically load it based on the contents of the QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME or QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE environment variables.

Hi Eschwartz,

I don't use KDE and have Qt5 installed as a dependency for qBittorrent. All the Qt packages are from Arch repos and not from AUR. Here's the list of Qt5 stuff I have installed:

 $ pacman -Q |grep qt5

attica-qt5 5.40.0-1
libdbusmenu-qt5 0.9.3+16.04.20160218-1
phonon-qt5 4.9.1-4
phonon-qt5-gstreamer 4.9.0-3
polkit-qt5 0.112.0+git20160226-1
pyqt5-common 5.9.2-1
python-pyqt5 5.9.2-1
python2-pyqt5 5.9.2-1
qt5-base 5.9.3-1
qt5-declarative 5.9.3-1
qt5-imageformats 5.9.3-1
qt5-location 5.9.3-1
qt5-multimedia 5.9.3-1
qt5-script 5.9.3-1
qt5-sensors 5.9.3-1
qt5-speech 5.9.3-1
qt5-svg 5.9.3-1
qt5-tools 5.9.3-1
qt5-webchannel 5.9.3-1
qt5-webengine 5.9.3-1
qt5-webkit 5.212.0alpha2-10
qt5-x11extras 5.9.3-1
qt5-xmlpatterns 5.9.3-1
qt5gtk2 0.4-3

If I do:

$ echo $QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME
qt5ct
 

Hmm... not sure what that it is or whether it's relevant. My only other Qt application that I use, qBittorrent, works fine.


Please vote for all the AUR packages you're using. You can mass-vote for all of them by doing: "pacman -Qqm | xargs aurvote -v" (make sure to run "aurvote --configure"  first)

Offline

#4 2017-11-30 19:19:27

arojas
Developer
From: Spain
Registered: 2011-10-09
Posts: 2,309

Re: SOLVED [Calibre] "Cannot mix incompatible Qt library" core dump error

Batou wrote:

All the Qt packages are from Arch repos and not from AUR.

Wrong. This is not in the Arch repos:

qt5gtk2 0.4-3

Offline

#5 2017-11-30 19:24:00

Batou
Member
Registered: 2017-01-03
Posts: 262

Re: SOLVED [Calibre] "Cannot mix incompatible Qt library" core dump error

arojas wrote:
Batou wrote:

All the Qt packages are from Arch repos and not from AUR.

Wrong. This is not in the Arch repos:

qt5gtk2 0.4-3

THANK YOU! I recompiled it and now everything works. No idea why I installed that package. From the info, I'm guessing it's so that qB can look decent under GTK.


Please vote for all the AUR packages you're using. You can mass-vote for all of them by doing: "pacman -Qqm | xargs aurvote -v" (make sure to run "aurvote --configure"  first)

Offline

#6 2017-11-30 19:27:34

arojas
Developer
From: Spain
Registered: 2011-10-09
Posts: 2,309

Re: SOLVED [Calibre] "Cannot mix incompatible Qt library" core dump error

You may want to use qt5-styleplugins instead, which serves the same purpose and is officially supported.

Offline

#7 2017-11-30 19:29:21

Batou
Member
Registered: 2017-01-03
Posts: 262

Re: SOLVED [Calibre] "Cannot mix incompatible Qt library" core dump error

arojas wrote:

You may want to use qt5-styleplugins instead, which serves the same purpose and is officially supported.

Thank you so much! I just removed qt5gtk2 completely since I couldn't see any difference in qB with it not being installed. I'll give qt5-styleplugins a try too but everything looks good now.

What a strange bug.


Please vote for all the AUR packages you're using. You can mass-vote for all of them by doing: "pacman -Qqm | xargs aurvote -v" (make sure to run "aurvote --configure"  first)

Offline

#8 2017-12-01 00:29:41

eschwartz
Fellow
Registered: 2014-08-08
Posts: 4,097

Re: SOLVED [Calibre] "Cannot mix incompatible Qt library" core dump error

Hmm, I didn't realize that was in the repos now, and included the only-in-master gtk2 platformtheme. Time to delete qt5gtk2 then, I guess.

Last edited by eschwartz (2017-12-01 00:30:41)


Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB