You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-30 22:18:10

Vyre
Member
Registered: 2011-06-18
Posts: 17

Building only gfortran with staticlibs

Some software I'm using needs the fortran static libraries.  I would like to build gcc-fortran with the `staticlibs` option.  However, when I used `asp` to try to get the gcc-fortran package I found that it has me grab the entire `gcc` suite, which takes a very long time to build.  Is there a way, using `asp`/`abs`, for me to build just gcc-fortran with the `staticlibs` option?  Is there a better way to do what I'm trying to do?

Offline

#2 2017-12-01 00:27:08

eschwartz
Fellow
Registered: 2014-08-08
Posts: 4,097

Re: Building only gfortran with staticlibs

Sure, you can modify the gcc PKGBUILD to only build part of the collection. I'm not 100% sure how their build system works, but I think you should be able to run specific make targets to only build specific languages, but you'd probably still have to use the same configure flags or risk potentially breaking the ability to replace the repo PKGBUILD while still using the rest of the gcc suite.


Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Offline

#3 2017-12-01 00:38:49

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 19,090

Re: Building only gfortran with staticlibs

You could just try letting the full build run overnight and see how far it gets.
Have you set Makepkg#MAKEFLAGS?  So the build will use all available cores.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB