You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-01 13:52:04

ezequiel.ezb

Firefox volume lowering automatically on Plasma 5 session

I've always had this problem since the first I installed Arch Linux. Everytime I install it with Plasma is the same problem: If I'm using firefox, the volume lowers to about 80% without me doing anything, someone knows how to fix this?

#2 2017-12-01 14:21:55

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Firefox volume lowering automatically on Plasma 5 session

Which volume (system volume or firefox volume)? Of what? What are you looking at? Why do you think this has  a relation to plasma? Which sound output method do you use?

That said, if you use pulseaudio, firefox synchronizes it's output stream volume with the volume level of whatever (html5 audio/video element) you are looking at. So if you watch e.g. a youtube video, and the volume slider for the youtube video is at 80% the volume for your firefox stream will be at 80% too. Don't know if this synchronization is adjustable somewhere, might look into it a bit because this has made me tangentially curious.

Last edited by V1del (2017-12-01 14:22:37)

#3 2017-12-03 00:59:12

ezequiel.ezb

V1del wrote:

Which volume (system volume or firefox volume)? Of what? What are you looking at? Why do you think this has  a relation to plasma? Which sound output method do you use?

That said, if you use pulseaudio, firefox synchronizes it's output stream volume with the volume level of whatever (html5 audio/video element) you are looking at. So if you watch e.g. a youtube video, and the volume slider for the youtube video is at 80% the volume for your firefox stream will be at 80% too. Don't know if this synchronization is adjustable somewhere, might look into it a bit because this has made me tangentially curious.

Firefox volume is the one that lowers, system audio is ok. That happens anytime I'm using firefox to play audio, regardless of it being youtube or not. I think this has some relation to plasma because that never happens when I'm using Xfce and I use pulse audio.

I'm gonna check this syncronization thing though, didn't know it. However I'm too sleepy to check it right now. So I'll update this topic tomorrow if possible

#4 2017-12-03 13:58:07

Xabre

You most likely have flat-volumes = yes in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf and volume is adjusted to Plasma notifications, which are started with session, before FF.

Last edited by Xabre (2017-12-03 13:58:28)

Board footer