You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-01 20:03:26

doblerone

Is there something similar to paccache for pacaur?

I was wondering if there is something like the paccache script from pacman to be used with the pacaur manager to remove old versions of aur installed packages?

#2 2017-12-01 20:12:48

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Is there something similar to paccache for pacaur?

Where does pacaur store it's built packages?  Is this customizable? (edit, yes it is: so where have you configured it to be?)  If this is in the same place pacman places packages, then paccache should work.

EDIT: also note that pacaur has some `clean` commands that cover some functionality of paccache (e.g., -ruk0).  Exactly which paccache behavior are you trying to replicate?

Last edited by Trilby (2017-12-01 20:17:59)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2017-12-01 20:26:27

doblerone

Trilby wrote:

Where does pacaur store it's built packages?  Is this customizable? (edit, yes it is: so where have you configured it to be?)  If this is in the same place pacman places packages, then paccache should work.

EDIT: also note that pacaur has some `clean` commands that cover some functionality of paccache (e.g., -ruk0).  Exactly which paccache behavior are you trying to replicate?

Thanks for your fast reply.

Packages are stored under ~/.cache/pacaur.
I'm wondering if I could make a link from this folder to where pacman stores the built packages. But I can see that some of those packages are .deb, so probably the paccache could not delete them.

#4 2017-12-01 22:49:31

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

doblerone wrote:

I'm wondering if I could make a link from this folder to where pacman stores the built packages.

Why would you do that?  If you want to store them in /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ then just configure pacaur to do just that.

As for the debs, those are not built by pacaur, you/something else must have put them there.

But again, exactly which behavior of paccache do you want to replicate?  It could be readily done with a couple lines of shell script if you can specify what exactly you want.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#5 2017-12-01 22:53:09

progandy

Why would you replicate paccache? You can specify the cache path with --cachedir (-c). That should work, I do it with the cache I configured for makepkg.
When you do that, try it first in a verbose dryrun and check if it works correctly in order to prevent dataloss.

Last edited by progandy (2017-12-01 22:55:00)

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#6 2017-12-01 22:57:15

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Oops, I didn't bother to check whether paccache could do this itself and figured it wouldn't if this question was being asked.

Board footer