You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-03 22:32:58

Msegade

Virt-Manager unable to complet Install

Hi

I'm trying to set a VM using PCI passthrough following the guide in the wiki (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PC … h_via_OVMF). I managed to follow the guide without problems until the creation of the VM in Virt-Manager. After following the instructions when I click on "Begin Installation" I get the following error:

Unable to complete install: ''NoneType' object has no attribute 'storageVolLookupByPath''

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 89, in cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 2545, in _do_async_install
    guest.start_install(meter=meter)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/guest.py", line 480, in start_install
    self._prepare_install(meter, dry)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/guest.py", line 317, in _prepare_install
    self._install_cdrom_device.path = self.installer.cdrom_path()
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/devicedisk.py", line 510, in _set_path
    (vol_object, parent_pool) = diskbackend.manage_path(self.conn, newpath)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/diskbackend.py", line 162, in manage_path
    vol, pool = check_if_path_managed(conn, path)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/diskbackend.py", line 107, in check_if_path_managed
    vol, ignore = _lookup_vol_by_path(conn, path)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/diskbackend.py", line 55, in _lookup_vol_by_path
    vol = conn.storageVolLookupByPath(path)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/connection.py", line 96, in __getattr__
    return getattr(libvirtconn, attr)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'storageVolLookupByPath'

I tried to install a windows 7 iso image stored locally on my disk, I changed the Model of the CPU to
'host-passthrough' as specified in the wiki and leaved all the other settings as default.

Thanks.

Board footer