You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-04 16:14:17

catnap
Member
Registered: 2016-10-03
Posts: 131

How to use old and new version of Firefox at the same time?

My experiences with the new Firefox Quantum have been mostly positive. However, I used the Wired Marker add-on to make my personal notes while browsing through interesting articles. Now all these notes seem to be unoperational when the new Firefox is incompatible with the Wired Marker add-on. Still, I want to use the new Firefox because of its speed and because of security conserns. Can I use the new and the old Firefox side-by-side so that the old one only browses webpages stored on my hard disk without ever having to connect to the web? This way I could enjoy the modern browser while also having access to my personal notes.

Wisened from this experience, I will probably shift to other modes of note taking. But now it remains to salvage the situation.

Offline

#2 2017-12-04 23:00:24

imdn
Member
Registered: 2016-04-12
Posts: 41

Re: How to use old and new version of Firefox at the same time?

You can use something like an AppImage portable version of Firefox 56. Alternatively you can install Palemoon which is a community developed and supported fork of Firefox and should support older addons incompatible with Quantum.

Offline

#3 2017-12-05 01:30:48

eschwartz
Fellow
Registered: 2014-08-08
Posts: 4,097

Re: How to use old and new version of Firefox at the same time?

You could also use firefox-developer-addition and enable legacy addons. smile


Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB