You are not logged in.

#1 2006-07-15 23:19:33

nobby_trussin

trigger happy pacman

Has anyone else noticed pacman removing things it shouldn't when updating packages. I recently did a system update (pacman -Su) and after the update the /usr/include/linux dir was gone. This folder belongs to the kernel-headers package and even though pacman told me kernel-headers was still installed, i had to reinstall it to restore the files.

I've had this occur before with another package when i updated some stuff - it seems pacman's a little trigger happy when it comes to deleting smile

On the whole though i must say that as far as system updates go, arch have got it nearly spot on. I mean reinstalling kernel-headers was easy enough. Pacman is by far the best linux package management tool i've used. (I wouldn't trust rpm or deb as far as i could throw them especially doing full system updates)

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this at all

Dan

#2 2006-07-16 01:30:41

Cerebral
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: trigger happy pacman

Yeah, this is a known pacman problem when files move from one package to another.  In this case, the headers moved from the actual kernel package into kernel-headers.  I've had it happen to me a few times.

Board footer