You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-11 12:12:33

joaocandre

Can't compile AUR package

I haven't been able to compile the sdformat package from AUR, either with an AUR helper (pacaur) or manually. Apparently, it tries to link with outdated boost libraries (v. 63, while the installed/up to date version is 65). The author of the package claims that the issue is with my system, as he is able to compile and properly link the package.

(...)
[ 14%] Linking CXX executable INTEGRATION_element_memory_leak
../../src/libsdformat.so.5.3.0: undefined reference to `boost::re_detail_106300::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char>::transform[abi:cxx11](char const*, char const*) const'
../../src/libsdformat.so.5.3.0: undefined reference to `boost::re_detail_106300::get_default_error_string(boost::regex_constants::error_type)'
../../src/libsdformat.so.5.3.0: undefined reference to `boost::re_detail_106300::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char>::transform_primary[abi:cxx11](char const*, char const*) const'
../../src/libsdformat.so.5.3.0: undefined reference to `boost::re_detail_106300::raise_runtime_error(std::runtime_error const&)'
../../src/libsdformat.so.5.3.0: undefined reference to `boost::re_detail_106300::verify_options(unsigned int, boost::regex_constants::_match_flags)'
../../src/libsdformat.so.5.3.0: undefined reference to `boost::re_detail_106300::put_mem_block(void*)'
../../src/libsdformat.so.5.3.0: undefined reference to `boost::re_detail_106300::perl_matcher<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<char const*, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, std::allocator<boost::sub_match<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<char const*, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > >, boost::regex_traits<char, boost::cpp_regex_traits<char> > >::construct_init(boost::basic_regex<char, boost::regex_traits<char, boost::cpp_regex_traits<char> > > const&, boost::regex_constants::_match_flags)'
../../src/libsdformat.so.5.3.0: undefined reference to `boost::re_detail_106300::get_mem_block()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [test/integration/CMakeFiles/INTEGRATION_element_memory_leak.dir/build.make:102: test/integration/INTEGRATION_element_memory_leak] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:265: test/integration/CMakeFiles/INTEGRATION_element_memory_leak.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:141: all] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
:: failed to build sdformat package(s)

What am I missing here?

#2 2017-12-11 12:28:52

Lone_Wolf

Re: Can't compile AUR package

You have tried to build in  a clean chroot ?

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2017-12-11 12:31:31

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

I see you previously had boost from the mingw repos.  Are you still using that, or do you now have boost from [extra]?

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#4 2017-12-11 13:46:36

joaocandre

@Lone_Wolf I'm running into issues while trying that, can't even compile some dependencies (ignition-math throws "Dependency gcc-libs detected and not included");

@Trilby I no longer use mingw, boost libs are from [extra]

Some months ago I was using some custom build boost libs (compiled with old GCC ABI), could that have been the cause? My PATH:

$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/opt/android-sdk/platform-tools:/opt/android-sdk/tools:/opt/android-sdk/tools/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/default/bin:/usr/bin/site_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl

#5 2017-12-11 14:17:22

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

@Lone_Wolf I'm running into issues while trying that, can't even compile some dependencies (ignition-math throws "Dependency gcc-libs detected and not included");

That sort of message is usually printed by namcap after the package has been built. Check the full output, I suspect the package build successfully. Feel free to let the maintainer know that they are missing a dependency though.

Some months ago I was using some custom build boost libs (compiled with old GCC ABI), could that have been the cause?

Possibly. Post your build/CMakeCache.txt and build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log from the failed build. (depending on the length, use a pastebin for the latter)

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

#6 2017-12-11 15:33:09

joaocandre

Here it goes:

CMakeCache.txt: https://pastebin.com/Q6zwypss
CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log: https://pastebin.com/EVP0R0xF

I saw that it seems to look for headers in /usr/local/include where I have my custom-built boost libraries, instead of /usrl/include where it should.

#7 2017-12-13 15:54:58

joaocandre

I've removed my custom libraries from /usr/local/include, but apparently it still looks for them there, now it complains I don't have boost installed hmm How do I set/change the default include path for GCC?

#8 2017-12-13 17:07:52

eschwartz
Fellow

You'll need to do a clean build, as CMake will cache the detected location from the last time it ran, and then complain when it is missing rather than looking for alternative install locations.

Building in a chroot using makechrootpkg obviously does this for you... but you could also delete the src/ and pkg/ directories, or tell makepkg to do that with `makepkg -C`.

Last edited by eschwartz (2017-12-13 17:09:26)

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Board footer