You are not logged in.
Hello. wxgtk3 applications (such as audacity and wxmaxima) stopped to be drawn properly — their main canvas is black when started, and redrawn only when window is resized. I'm not sure what caused it — reverting to previously installed version of wxgtk3 didn't help. And strange thing is that applications didn't break immediately, and not even at the same time.
Last edited by Hudd (2017-12-11 18:51:28)
Offline
You need to post some details on your setup. Graphics drivers, window manager etc.
Did you try diffrent window manager? or if the same thing happens on wayland and X?
Offline
I use Mesa r600 driver. WM is xfwm4 (w/ compositing enabled, but disabling it doesn't make a difference).
Did you try diffrent window manager? or if the same thing happens on wayland and X?
Oh, I didn't think to try different WM. Just tried running these two applications in weston, both render fine (except for track cursor in audacity).
Last edited by Hudd (2017-12-11 19:31:51)
Offline
Then try different WM. You could also test if the problem persists with xf86-video-modesetting.
EDIT. Since xfwm or xorg haven't had updates for awhile. I'd imagine the issue could have only been introduced in either mesa or kernel update. So you could also try lts kernel and downgrading mesa.
Last edited by ooo (2017-12-11 20:34:57)
Offline
Indeed, downgrading mesa from 17.2.6 to 17.1.7 fixes the blackness. That's strange though, because I had mesa 17.2.x for a while, but the problem appeared only recently.
Switching to xf86-video-modesetting didn't help.
EDIT: Also, problem doesn't exist on another pc with radeonsi/amdgpu drivers.
Last edited by Hudd (2017-12-12 14:39:19)
Offline