You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-12 17:30:02

Lone_Wolf

opensysusers - sysusers.d support for non-systemd init systems

With the recent changes in filesystems / sysusers.d , AL users that boot alternative init systems may get problems.

I found a solution for this https://github.com/artix-linux/opensysusers , and uploaded an AUR package .

Atm it's configured to work with openrc (apg way), adapting it to other inits should be easy.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#2 2017-12-12 17:44:45

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

Re: opensysusers - sysusers.d support for non-systemd init systems

...and another "issue" only present for users who chose to remove the systemd package from their installations (for reasons unknown). systemd-sysusers works perfectly fine without PID 1 as systemd.

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby

#3 2017-12-12 18:15:33

Lone_Wolf

Re: opensysusers - sysusers.d support for non-systemd init systems

Assuming you are correct about that (i haven't tested it) , this package still has use on systems where systemd-sysusers is present (like my systems).

It provides an openrc servicefile that can be used to process sysusers.d at boot.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer