You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-13 04:35:18

inverseion
Member
Registered: 2017-12-13
Posts: 1

pam_mount and Cinnamon issue

Good afternoon!

I have an unusual issue with pam_mount and the Cinnamon desktop that I'm hoping someone else may have experienced or have some pointers as to where to look.

Currently I'm mounting my domain user shares from my Samba 4 server with pam_mount as such:

<volume user="*" fstype="cifs" server="server.domain.tld" path="%(USER)/Desktop" mountpoint="/home/DOMAIN/%(USER)/Desktop" options="uid=%(USER),gid=%(USER),dir_mode=0700,nosuid,nodev" />

I'm doing this for {Documents,Downloads,Videos,Pictures,Dropbox} as well.

If I do this to mount the Desktop share, applications will gradually stop responding and other network shares will start to "lag" (i.e Guake terminal will freeze up, Tomahawk won't advance songs and stops responding, etc.), but some applications will still open (i.e. xterm). If I alt+F2 "r" to reload Cinnamon, nemo-desktop will hit 800% CPU usage (6-core hyperthreaded i7-4930K) and the computer will lock up entirely.

This doesn't happen if I comment out the Desktop mount in pam_mount, no other mounted shares result in behavior like this.

My Google-fu (Duck-fu?) is weak on this one. Any tips are appreciated!

edit: I should mention, it started after Cinnamon 3.6.X was released (November 10th). I don't recall which revision of 3.6 the issue started with since I didn't correlated the issue until today.

Last edited by inverseion (2017-12-13 04:54:57)

Offline

#2 2017-12-16 11:47:34

Achelous
Member
Registered: 2017-12-15
Posts: 9

Re: pam_mount and Cinnamon issue

Not exactly what you asked, but would sshfs be suitable for your use case instead of CIFS?

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB