You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-14 07:55:20

Xeno_Idaltu
Member
From: Open Source Technocracy
Registered: 2017-12-07
Posts: 22
Website

Rhythmbox keeps changing metadata!

Desktop Environment: KDE


I've always had this problem using Kubuntu and Manjaro. Back then I used to go to Plasma's Multimedia settings and disable MusicBrainz and FreeDB from automatically updating song data because I though it was Dolphin or any other KDE Application.
I had this theory because I had already disabled Rhythmbox's metadata retrieval.

Now that I have Arch, I'm having the same problem with Rhythmbox, maybe.

I've disabled "Group" and "Others" permissions since day 1.

Supposedly only the "Owner" can Read & Write but Rhythmbox seems to be working on it's own.


"Open/Free Source the future!"

Offline

#2 2017-12-14 14:17:19

ooo
Member
Registered: 2013-04-10
Posts: 1,638

Re: Rhythmbox keeps changing metadata!

Xeno_Idaltu wrote:

Supposedly only the "Owner" can Read & Write but Rhythmbox seems to be working on it's own.

Rhythmbox doesn't work on it's own, but likely you're are using it as "owner". You couldn't listen any audio files, if read permissions were disabled for the user you're using rhythmbox with.

Nevertheless, rhythmbox definitely shouldn't change track metadata automatically, unless you have installed and enabled some plugin that does it.

If you can't figure it out, there are various possible ways to trace which process is accessing the files.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB