You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-16 06:18:19

RobinLikesToCode
Member
Registered: 2016-10-04
Posts: 50

KDE QT applications icon size doubled

Programs like Krita and Gwenview that use KDE's QT library for their GUI display their icons and text boxes about twice as large as they should be.
I know this is because I have a 4k laptop screen and use DWM as a window manager.
To clarify, these applications aren't having this problem internally, when I start the KDE Plasma desktop, all four apps shown below display their GUI's at the proper size.
This leads me to believe there's some flag that is being set when the Plasma desktop starts that I now need to manually set when I start DWM.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

A screenshot with four of the problem applications. (Gwenview, Virtualbox, Dolphin, and Krita)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/mxhuC … 2095-h1068

Last edited by jasonwryan (2017-12-16 06:31:31)

Offline

#2 2017-12-16 06:31:51

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: KDE QT applications icon size doubled

Read the Code of Conduct and only post thumbnails http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cod … s_and_code


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#3 2017-12-16 07:42:39

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,403

Re: KDE QT applications icon size doubled

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI#Qt_5

KDE has environment options for these and might already be loading/applying them, compare printenv in the two environments

Last edited by V1del (2017-12-16 07:48:14)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB