You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-17 23:54:09

axelectrik
Member
Registered: 2012-01-25
Posts: 126

Compiz : Force maximized size in Dual Screen

Hello,

I have 2 monitors, currently for Compiz settings I have

General Options > Display Settings :

Overlapping Output Handling : Smart Mode
Detect outputs : Disabled
Ouputs : Just one,  1920x1080x1920x1080

For most of the games, they display in both screens expanded, which is great.

But for other applications, like Chrome, it's completly unnecesary to use both screens.

Is there any way to force Chrome (and some other apps) to maximize in a single monitor?

I know about the Windows Rules, but this would affect all the Chrome windows (incluiding pop ups, very annoying filling all the screen.)

Offline

#2 2017-12-21 00:20:52

faceyneck
Member
Registered: 2017-12-16
Posts: 44

Re: Compiz : Force maximized size in Dual Screen

Hi,

I'm not familiar with your problem, but I figured I'd post a reply so this topic doesn't get buried, as I'm interested in it myself.

Currently trying to run Compiz with KDE 5 and am wondering if I can get full functionality, or at least close to it.

Offline

#3 2017-12-21 07:48:47

axelectrik
Member
Registered: 2012-01-25
Posts: 126

Re: Compiz : Force maximized size in Dual Screen

I have used KD5 with Compiz in the past.

I am not sure how compatible it is now, but before it worked great.
I am sure it gave me a lot of headaches, but it was a fun experience.

By the way, I found a workaround :
I have 3 outputs in the Display Settings

1) 1920x1080+1920+1080
2) 1920x1080
3) 1920x1080

At this point, all the windows maximize to a single screen.
Then, in Window Rules I forced the video player/game to have 3840x1080 size

I wouldn't like to resolve the topic because I believe that there must be a better way to handle multihead in Compiz.

This caused me another issue with MPlayer as background, but I think that is a different topic.

Last edited by axelectrik (2017-12-21 07:49:37)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB