You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-22 02:03:02

amlamarra
Member
Registered: 2015-06-25
Posts: 50

Touchpad not being recognized in KDE Plasma 5

Hi all,
I'm using KDE Plasma 5 with my Arch system on an Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG. Recently, I've been having an issue where my touchpad won't work on boot. Sometimes I'm able to reboot to fix it. I'm able to plug in an external mouse & it'll work. When I go to System Settings > Input Devices > Touchpad, it says "No touchpad found." I'm not even sure where to start troubleshooting this...

And I have run 'sudo pacman -Syu' to get all the latest updates.

Last edited by amlamarra (2017-12-29 00:22:29)

Offline

#2 2017-12-23 13:44:44

brynildsen
Member
Registered: 2017-12-18
Posts: 14

Re: Touchpad not being recognized in KDE Plasma 5

First check that it isn't disabled by some of the Fn keys your laptop probably has..
Then check if you can see it with

xinput list

Check also

cat /proc/bus/input/devices 

Last edited by brynildsen (2017-12-23 13:49:21)

Offline

#3 2017-12-23 18:40:54

amlamarra
Member
Registered: 2015-06-25
Posts: 50

Re: Touchpad not being recognized in KDE Plasma 5

Well now I feel like an idiot. It was the Fn+F7. Can't believe I didn't try that...

Thank you.

Offline

#4 2017-12-23 19:02:29

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: Touchpad not being recognized in KDE Plasma 5

Please remember to mark your thread as [Solved] by editing your first post and prepending it to the title.


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#5 2017-12-29 00:28:26

amlamarra
Member
Registered: 2015-06-25
Posts: 50

Re: Touchpad not being recognized in KDE Plasma 5

Ok, so there seems to be another problem. The issue occurred again this morning but I didn't have time to troubleshoot it. The Fn+F7 key didn't fix it this time. Not sure why. This evening it wasn't working again, but Fn+F7 DID work. Here's some output for at least my own frame of reference the next time it stops working.

$ xinput list
⎡ Virtual core pointer                          id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ ELAN0501:00 04F3:3019 Touchpad            id=12   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard                         id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard               id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                              id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Video Bus                                 id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Video Bus                                 id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                              id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button                              id=10   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ HD WebCam: HD WebCam                      id=11   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard              id=13   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Acer WMI hotkeys                          id=14   [slave  keyboard (3)]
$ cat /proc/bus/input/devices
I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0001 Product=0001 Version=ab83
N: Name="AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
P: Phys=isa0060/serio0/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input0
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=sysrq kbd leds event0 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=120013
B: KEY=10000 c020000000000 0 0 700f02000003 3802078f870f401 febfffdfffefffff fffffffffffffffe
B: MSC=10
B: LED=7

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0001 Version=0000
N: Name="Power Button"
P: Phys=PNP0C0C/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0C:00/input/input1
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event1 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=10000000000000 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0003 Version=0000
N: Name="Sleep Button"
P: Phys=PNP0C0E/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0E:00/input/input2
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event2 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=4000 0 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0005 Version=0000
N: Name="Lid Switch"
P: Phys=PNP0C0D/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0D:00/input/input3
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event3 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=1

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0001 Version=0000
N: Name="Power Button"
P: Phys=LNXPWRBN/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXPWRBN:00/input/input4
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event4 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=10000000000000 0

I: Bus=0010 Vendor=001f Product=0001 Version=0100
N: Name="PC Speaker"
P: Phys=isa0061/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/pcspkr/input/input5
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event5 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=40001
B: SND=6

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="Acer WMI hotkeys"
P: Phys=wmi/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/virtual/input/input6
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event6 rfkill 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=13
B: KEY=1c0000 0 0 0 0 1600800000c00 300000 0 0
B: MSC=10

I: Bus=0018 Vendor=04f3 Product=3019 Version=0100
N: Name="ELAN0501:00 04F3:3019 Touchpad"
P: Phys=i2c-ELAN0501:00
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:15.0/i2c_designware.0/i2c-0/i2c-ELAN0501:00/0018:04F3:3019.0001/input/input9
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event7 mouse0 
B: PROP=5
B: EV=b
B: KEY=e520 10000 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=260800000000003

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0006 Version=0000
N: Name="Video Bus"
P: Phys=LNXVIDEO/video/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A08:00/LNXVIDEO:00/input/input10
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event8 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=3e000b00000000 0 0 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0006 Version=0000
N: Name="Video Bus"
P: Phys=LNXVIDEO/video/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A08:00/device:32/LNXVIDEO:01/input/input11
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event9 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=3e000b00000000 0 0 0

I: Bus=0001 Vendor=10ec Product=0255 Version=0001
N: Name="HDA Digital PCBeep"
P: Phys=card0/codec#0/beep0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.3/sound/card0/input12
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event10 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=40001
B: SND=6

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel PCH Front Headphone"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.3/sound/card0/input13
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event11 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=4

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=3"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.3/sound/card0/input14
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event12 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=7"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.3/sound/card0/input15
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event13 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=8"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.3/sound/card0/input16
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event14 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=9"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.3/sound/card0/input17
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event15 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=10"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.3/sound/card0/input18
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event16 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=04f2 Product=b573 Version=9201
N: Name="HD WebCam: HD WebCam"
P: Phys=usb-0000:00:14.0-7/button
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-7/1-7:1.0/input/input19
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event17 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=100000 0 0 0

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB