You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-23 16:57:25

sleepyoh

[SOLVED] Steam plasma fail cs:go

Today there was updates from mesa (17.3.0-2 -> 17.3.1-2) and xorg-server (1.19.5-1 -> 1.19.6-2) wich solved this problem, working fine again.

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=104295

Apperantly I was not the only one noticing this.

Hello

Im running amd7950 with amdgpu driver, latest plasma on xorg with sddm, multilib enabled, steam and steam-native installed. Im using steam-native, i run games like dirt rally, cs:go, left4dead2, some other Linux native games and what not, have always been working fine.

Last 2-4 weeks, havent been able to launch cs:go, the applications starts, but crashes before entering the game. It's has been working fine for years, but something has changed i suppose.

I dont really know where to start, but I post here my output from launching cs:go

The steam output I dont know if it's useful or not, but i seem the get a bunch of opengl and Elf bugs, from what i can make out of it, Im not really good at reading code/debugging. Anyone have a clue as to were to look@how to remedy my problem?

Fully updated system obviously.

Tried both amdgpu/radeon driver, no difference, tried older kernel, no difference. Completely removed steam and reinstalled, not working. Tried launching steam with all different run-times, (steam, steam-native and launching /usr/lib/steam/steam) to no avail. Disabled steam-overlay etc cannot get it right. I feel like i've tried the usual fixes in the Wiki and my google-fu doesnt present me with any up to date people having problems. All others games in steam works, but cs:go just apparently stopped working.

cd ~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32
file * | grep ELF | cut -d: -f1 | LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. xargs ldd | grep 'not found' | sort | uniq

In the wiki should list missing libraries, I get no output so I guess it's fine.

Disabling plasma compositor also doesnt help.

GameAction [AppID 730, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to UpdatingAppInfo with ""
GameAction [AppID 730, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to SynchronizingCloud with ""
GameAction [AppID 730, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to ProcessingShaderCache with ""
GameAction [AppID 730, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to SiteLicenseSeatCheckout with ""
GameAction [AppID 730, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to CreatingProcess with ""
GameAction [AppID 730, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp waiting for user response to CreatingProcess ""
GameAction [AppID 730, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp continues with user response "CreatingProcess"
Opted-in Controller Mask: 0
Game update: AppID 730 "", ProcID 3749, IP 0.0.0.0:0
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
Loaded Config for Local Selection Path for App ID 730: /home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/241100/577754569/controller_configuration.vdf
Loaded Config for Local Override Path for App ID 730: /home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam//controller_base/empty.vdf
>>> Adding process 3749 for game ID 730
GameAction [AppID 730, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to WaitingGameWindow with ""
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
pid 3751 != 3750, skipping destruction (fork without exec?)
GameAction [AppID 730, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to Completed with ""
>>> Adding process 3750 for game ID 730
>>> Adding process 3752 for game ID 730
SDL video target is 'x11'
SDL failed to create GL compatibility profile (whichProfile=0!
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_EXT_framebuffer_object.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample.
This system DOES NOT support the OpenGL extension GL_APPLE_fence.
This system DOES NOT support the OpenGL extension GL_NV_fence.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_ARB_sync.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_EXT_draw_buffers2.
This system DOES NOT support the OpenGL extension GL_EXT_bindable_uniform.
This system DOES NOT support the OpenGL extension GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_ARB_map_buffer_range.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_ARB_occlusion_query.
This system DOES NOT support the OpenGL extension GL_APPLE_texture_range.
This system DOES NOT support the OpenGL extension GL_APPLE_client_storage.
This system DOES NOT support the OpenGL extension GL_ARB_uniform_buffer.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_ARB_framebuffer_object.
This system DOES NOT support the OpenGL extension GL_GREMEDY_string_marker.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_ARB_debug_output.
This system DOES NOT support the OpenGL extension GL_EXT_direct_state_access.
This system DOES NOT support the OpenGL extension GL_NV_bindless_texture.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_AMD_pinned_memory.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_ATI_meminfo.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5.
This system supports the OpenGL extension GL_ARB_buffer_storage.
This system DOES NOT support the OpenGL extension GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear.
 failed to dlopen /home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/bin/engine_client.so error=/home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/bin/engine_client.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
 failed to dlopen /home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/bin/filesystem_stdio_client.so error=/home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/bin/filesystem_stdio_client.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
 failed to dlopen /home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/bin/inputsystem_client.so error=/home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/bin/inputsystem_client.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
 failed to dlopen /home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/bin/vphysics_client.so error=/home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/bin/vphysics_client.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
 failed to dlopen /home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/bin/materialsystem_client.so error=/home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/bin/materialsystem_client.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
 failed to dlopen /home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/bin/datacache_client.so error=/home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/bin/datacache_client.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
 failed to dlopen /home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike GloUsing breakpad crash handler
Game update: AppID 730 "", ProcID 3750, IP 0.0.0.0:0
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 730
Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561198128657763 [API loaded yes]
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Setting Steam ID:  76561198128657763
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/sleepy/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
assert_20171225205927_1.dmp[3769]: Uploading dump (out-of-process)
/tmp/dumps/assert_20171225205927_1.dmp
>>> Adding process 3768 for game ID 730
Game removed: AppID 730 "", ProcID 3750 
assert_20171225205927_1.dmp[3769]: Finished uploading minidump (out-of-process): success = yes
assert_20171225205927_1.dmp[3769]: response: Discarded=1
assert_20171225205927_1.dmp[3769]: file ''/tmp/dumps/assert_20171225205927_1.dmp'', upload yes: ''Discarded=1''
pid 3769 != 3768, skipping destruction (fork without exec?)

Last edited by sleepyoh (2017-12-28 15:50:32)

#2 2017-12-27 19:23:17

sleepyoh

Re: [SOLVED] Steam plasma fail cs:go

Hello

Navigating to cs:go folder and executing csgo.sh it launches fine, and plays fine, so obviously i can launch and play the game. The problem with launching outside of steam is that you cannot really connect to any servers/play matchmaking or whatever, because you are outside of vac.

So as of right now: Works fine launching csgo.sh but Can not launch the game from steam. Disabling overlay and other things make's no difference, no launch options make's no difference either, so I dont know what's going on.

Other game's still work fine. And still, no matter what runtime or amd driver being used makes no difference. hmm

#3 2017-12-27 19:59:33

2ManyDogs
Forum Fellow

Please edit your first post to use [ code ] tags around system output -- this makes the output much easier to read.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/help.php#bbcode

#4 2017-12-28 15:32:30

sleepyoh

Today i saw there was new mesa and xorg packages, updated, rebooted, and now Cs:go launches fine again from Steam, so I guess something broke in mesa/xorg and is now Fixed/working again. Well, no one is happier then me to have a fully functional system again ;=)

Board footer