You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-25 22:20:39

reddfox
Member
Registered: 2017-12-25
Posts: 1

ecryptfs will auto mount on login, but will not umount upon logout

I installed the ecryptfs-utils package yesterday and followed the arch wiki and ecryptfs' instructions to get encryption working automatically on my home folder. However, it will not unmount upon logout as if I log in as root and ls /home/<username> I can still see the files plain and clear as if it was not encrypted. Only reboting or umount -f /home/<username> will unmount it and return to it's encrypted state. I've set KillUserProcesses=yes in the /etc/systemd/logind.conf and created a service to run ecryptfs-umount-private which still does not unmount the home partition. I've commented out the -session optional pam_systemd.so line in /etc/pam.d/system-login, however I had to uncomment it as everything was breaking with permission denied errors.

Is there any fix to this? I've searched google for hours and nothing has worked. Rebooting is not acceptable as it inconvenient and aggrevating on systems that are slow to boot and require uptime.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB