You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-27 20:16:02

sillen102
Member
From: Gothenburg, Sweden
Registered: 2016-02-24
Posts: 12

KDE - Windows rearanged after wakeup with dual monitor setup

Hi.


The problem I'm having is that windows that have been tiled using window snapping are all moved to one of the monitors after wake up from the screensaver/lockscreen. So if I have a bunch of windows that I have snapped to the corners on the 4K display they are all moved to the other display when I unlock the screen. All the windows that haven't been snapped remain where they were. Is this a known issue? I couldn't find anything about it at least. And of course, does anyone have a clue how I could fix this?


I am running KDE 5.41.0 / Plasma 5.11.4 with sddm as display manager and kernel 4.14.8-1 on the following setup:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590S @ 3,7GHz
GPU ASUS NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB running with the NVIDIA driver version 387.34.
Monitors: a 43" 4K display from Acer @4K_60 and an ultra wide 34" display from Samsung @3440x1440_60 where the big 4K monitor is the primary monitor. Both are connected using DisplayPort where the Acer monitor is at DP0 and the Samsung is at DP2.

The version of Xorg is 1.19.5-1.

And this is my xorg.conf file located in /etc/X11:

# nvidia-settings: X configuration file generated by nvidia-settings
# nvidia-settings:  version 387.34  (builduser@felixonmars2)  Thu Nov 30 18:02:52 CST 2017

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Layout0"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
    InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
    Option         "Xinerama" "0"
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Mouse0"
    Driver         "mouse"
    Option         "Protocol" "auto"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
    Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Keyboard0"
    Driver         "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    # HorizSync source: edid, VertRefresh source: edid
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "Acer ET430K"
    HorizSync       30.0 - 140.0
    VertRefresh     50.0 - 60.0
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BoardName      "GeForce GTX 1060 6GB"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "Stereo" "0"
    Option         "nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-3"
    Option         "metamodes" "DP-0: 3840x2160_60 +3440+0 {ForceCompositionPipeline=On}, DP-2: 3440x1440_60 +0+720 {ForceCompositionPipeline=On}"
    Option         "SLI" "Off"
    Option         "MultiGPU" "Off"
    Option         "BaseMosaic" "off"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Last edited by sillen102 (2017-12-27 20:34:24)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB