You are not logged in.
Hello,
I have an up-to date arch installation, with an Geforce GTX 750 TI and the nouveau driver. I'm using gnome on wayland.
Since some weeks I get the following message when starting the gnome-control-center:
$ gnome-control-center
(gnome-control-center:15142): Clutter-Gtk-ERROR **: *** Unsupported backend.journalctl says to this:
systemd-coredump[15271]: Process 15265 (gnome-control-c) of user 1000 dumped core.
Stack trace of thread 15265:
#0 0x00007fc558546cd2 n/a (libglib-2.0.so.0)
#1 0x00007fc55854c421 g_log_writer_default (libglib-2.0.so.0)
#2 0x00007fc558546d72 g_log_structured_array (libglib-2.0.so.0)
#3 0x00007fc55854715a g_log_structured (libglib-2.0.so.0)
#4 0x00007fc55c252d88 n/a (libclutter-gtk-1.0.so.0)
#5 0x00007fc55c252e85 gtk_clutter_init (libclutter-gtk-1.0.so.0)
#6 0x00007fc55d46da4e cheese_gtk_init (libcheese-gtk.so.25)
#7 0x000055ffc647d429 main (gnome-control-center)
#8 0x00007fc558139f4a __libc_start_main (libc.so.6)
#9 0x000055ffc647d60a _start (gnome-control-center)
Stack trace of thread 15267:
#0 0x00007fc558204f2b __poll (libc.so.6)
#1 0x00007fc55853ded3 n/a (libglib-2.0.so.0)
#2 0x00007fc55853dfae g_main_context_iteration (libglib-2.0.so.0)
#3 0x00007fc533a5eb0e n/a (libdconfsettings.so)
#4 0x00007fc5585321eb n/a (libglib-2.0.so.0)
#5 0x00007fc55c8a308a start_thread (libpthread.so.0)
#6 0x00007fc55820f42f __clone (libc.so.6)
Stack trace of thread 15266:
#0 0x00007fc55c8a9756 pthread_cond_timedwait@@GLIBC_2.3.2 (libpthread.so.0)
#1 0x00007fc554266c2b _ZN7bmalloc9Scavenger13threadRunLoopEv (libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0.so.18)
#2 0x00007fc543be7a6f execute_native_thread_routine (libstdc++.so.6)
#3 0x00007fc55c8a308a start_thread (libpthread.so.0)
#4 0x00007fc55820f42f __clone (libc.so.6)
Stack trace of thread 15269:
#0 0x00007fc558204f2b __poll (libc.so.6)
#1 0x00007fc55853ded3 n/a (libglib-2.0.so.0)
#2 0x00007fc55853ef42 g_main_loop_run (libglib-2.0.so.0)
#3 0x00007fc558aa9208 n/a (libgio-2.0.so.0)
#4 0x00007fc5585321eb n/a (libglib-2.0.so.0)
#5 0x00007fc55c8a308a start_thread (libpthread.so.0)
#6 0x00007fc55820f42f __clone (libc.so.6)
Stack trace of thread 15268:
#0 0x00007fc558204f2b __poll (libc.so.6)
#1 0x00007fc55853ded3 n/a (libglib-2.0.so.0)
#2 0x00007fc55853dfae g_main_context_iteration (libglib-2.0.so.0)
#3 0x00007fc55853e002 n/a (libglib-2.0.so.0)
#4 0x00007fc5585321eb n/a (libglib-2.0.so.0)
#5 0x00007fc55c8a308a start_thread (libpthread.so.0)
#6 0x00007fc55820f42f __clone (libc.so.6)If I start it with
CLUTTER_BACKEND=wayland gnome-control-centerit works fine.
I use gdm and I have not uncommented any line in /etc/gdm/custom.conf - it's the file that comes with gdm.
glxinfo says:
$ glxinfo |grep -i opengl
OpenGL vendor string: nouveau
OpenGL renderer string: NV117
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 17.3.0
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.30
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 17.3.0
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 17.3.0
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10
OpenGL ES profile extensions:Any ideas?
//EDIT:
Solved. The user hat a file ~/.pam_environment with the following code n it:
CLUTTER_BACKEND=x11deleting it solved the problem.
Last edited by matse (2017-12-29 11:53:24)
Offline