You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-31 11:14:18

aexoxea
Website

Thank you

Five years ago (Xmas-New Year period 2012-13), I started the move to Arch Linux on real hardware (which would eventually become my 'daily driver' at home). There have been ups and downs in that time, and some things I still miss from the proprietary world, but overall its been a good change (and a good experience), particularly given the steady pace of improvement in the open source landscape.

Of course, all this is only possible due to the efforts of contributors, both to the Arch Linux distribution and to its upstream projects. One thing I haven't done over the past five years is to acknowledge that, so with the end of the year approaching, I would like to change that by issuing a big thank you to all involved. This includes the Developers, TUs and Support Staff, those involved in the various projects (e.g. aurweb, pacman, mkinitcpio), those who've contributed to the forums, mailing lists, wiki and/or bug tracker, those who maintain the various mirrors, and those that have provided financial and legal support.

In terms of upstream projects, there are too many to list them all individually, but I will cite Firefox, GIMP, Inkscape, KDE and LibreOffice -- along with the libraries etc. supporting them -- as key ones that have made it possible for me to stay in the Linux world.

My best wishes to all of the above for their efforts (and for a happy 2018), and I look forward to the next five years smile. Also, a happy new year to all that are reading this.

Moderators: Please feel free to close if this starts to become a magnet for bikeshedding or power-posting.

#2 2018-01-01 18:39:55

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Thank you

Nice sentiment, but.... https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=12926 is likely the right place for this.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer