You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-31 13:30:33

cappuccino
Member
Registered: 2012-12-26
Posts: 116

[SOLVED] Brother DCP-L2560DW wireless scanning

I installed brother-brgenml1 and everything works fine, except wifi scanning. I tried with Brother Sane drivers for brscan4 compatible models, but Sane/Simplescan finds only my laptop webcam and another network printer on my home network.
I also tried with:

brsaneconfig -a name="Brother" model="DCP-L2560DW" ip=xxx.xxx.x.xxx 

but it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Printer: Brother DCP-L2560DW 3 in 1 Duplex
My system:
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.11.4
Kernel: 4.14.8-1-ARCH x86_64

Last edited by cappuccino (2018-01-06 22:53:41)

Offline

#2 2018-01-05 19:35:32

pypi
Wiki Maintainer
Registered: 2014-04-22
Posts: 250

Re: [SOLVED] Brother DCP-L2560DW wireless scanning

I'm assuming that by "Brother Sane drivers for brscan4 compatible models" you mean that you have installed the brscan4 AUR package as mentioned on the wiki page?
The wiki also suggests specifying the IP address in the /etc/sane.d/net.conf file, have you tried that?

Offline

#3 2018-01-06 22:39:53

ivanoff
Member
Registered: 2012-03-18
Posts: 78

Re: [SOLVED] Brother DCP-L2560DW wireless scanning

I think you should have used brsaneconfig4 and not brsaneconfig.
Worked for me (DCP-L2520DW)
However, the scanning is very erratic and frequently stops mid-course. I wonder if this is a driver issue.
Do you think there is a way of using Avahi ? like machine.local address. Didn't work when I tried.
Cheers.

Offline

#4 2018-01-06 22:51:46

cappuccino
Member
Registered: 2012-12-26
Posts: 116

Re: [SOLVED] Brother DCP-L2560DW wireless scanning

pypi wrote:

The wiki also suggests specifying the IP address in the /etc/sane.d/net.conf file, have you tried that?

Thanks pypi, but actually it was not needed.. I removed "brscan3" and "brscan4" packages and started from scratch. I installed brscan4 again and:
- brsaneconfig4 -a name=Brother_DCP-L2560DW model=DCP-L2560DW ip=xxx.xxx.x.xxx
- sudo brsaneconfig4 -d:

-- snip --

sane-find-scanner

  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

  # No USB scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel driver for your USB host controller and have setup
  # the USB system correctly. See man sane-usb for details.

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.
-----------------------------
ls -R -all /proc/bus/usb                                                                                                                                                                                          
ls: cannot access '/proc/bus/usb': No such file or directory                                                                                                                                                      
-----------------------------                                                                                                                                                                                     
cat /proc/bus/usb/devices                                                                                                                                                                                         
cat: /proc/bus/usb/devices: No such file or directory                                                                                                                                                             
-----------------------------                                                                                                                                                                                     
scanimage -L                                                                                                                                                                                                      
device `brother4:net1;dev0' is a Brother Brother_DCP-L2560DW DCP-L2560DW                                                                                                                                     
device `hpaio:/net/Officejet_6500_E710n-z?ip=xxx.xxx.x.xxx' is a Hewlett-Packard Officejet_6500_E710n-z all-in-one                                                                                                
device `v4l:/dev/video0' is a Noname ASUS USB2.0 Webcam: ASUS USB2.0 virtual device                                                                                                                               
-----------------------------                                                                                                                                                                                     
-----------------------------                                                                                                                                                                                     
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//brsanenetdevice4.cfg:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//Brsane4.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_7.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_6.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_18.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_14.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_16.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_9.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_2.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_3.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_10.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_17.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_12.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_4.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_11.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_15.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_8.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_19.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_13.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_5.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_20.ini:
-----------------------------
/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4//models4/ext_1.ini:
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
ping
test Brother_DCP-L2560DW
ping xxx.xxx.x.xxx -w 10

PING xxx.xxx.x.xxx (xxx.xxx.x.xxx) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from xxx.xxx.x.xxx: icmp_seq=1 ttl=255 time=3.75 ms
64 bytes from xxx.xxx.x.xxx: icmp_seq=2 ttl=255 time=3.83 ms
64 bytes from xxx.xxx.x.xxx: icmp_seq=3 ttl=255 time=20.7 ms
64 bytes from xxx.xxx.x.xxx: icmp_seq=4 ttl=255 time=4.52 ms
64 bytes from xxx.xxx.x.xxx: icmp_seq=5 ttl=255 time=4.50 ms
64 bytes from xxx.xxx.x.xxx: icmp_seq=6 ttl=255 time=4.10 ms

yay

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB