You are not logged in.

#201 2007-01-25 09:13:27

superstoned

Re: kdemod - a lightified and modular KDE + additional patches

nice work funkyou!! i hope you can find out what's wrong with the 3.5.6 packages. looking forward to them big_smile

-=] life sucks deeply [=-

#202 2007-01-25 10:39:17

hjorthboggild

Thanks for the great work funkyou :-)

Just a couple of questions: When I log into kde, the new Kicker button starts out being decorated with a very small archlogo taking up one fourth of the button, placed in the top right corner. Only when I move the mouse over the button, the archlogo is scaled up to fill the entire button, is it supposed to be that way?

Second question: Where do I change the font and font size for the new kicker menu?

Otherwise it's working perfectly :-)

Regards,
Simon

P.S. Domino 0.3 has been released, so if you ever have a little extra time maybe you can update your PKGBUILD in AUR :-)

#203 2007-01-25 13:16:44

funkyou
Website

hjorthboggild wrote:

Just a couple of questions: When I log into kde, the new Kicker button starts out being decorated with a very small archlogo taking up one fourth of the button, placed in the top right corner. Only when I move the mouse over the button, the archlogo is scaled up to fill the entire button, is it supposed to be that way?

Second question: Where do I change the font and font size for the new kicker menu?

What QT-Style are you using? I have this behaviour only until the first hovering after i re-added the menu... When i just start up KDE, everything is ok. Please try to change your QT Style to Plastik to checkout if that works... There are atleast Problems with Domino, so maybe some other styles are affected too...

The font size is only configurable via the source until now, so no configuration files to edit here... Tell me your screen resolution and if its too big or too small... Maybe we can fine-tune this (i made them a little bit bigger but can revert this easily) ...

And yes, i'll upload Domino 0.3 soon - the time the time.... wink

want a modular and tweaked KDE for arch? try kdemod

#204 2007-01-25 13:36:05

hjorthboggild

I'm using Qt-curve and sometimes Domino
I tried switching to Plastik as you suggested, and then removed and readded the Menu. Still the problem persists that I need to hover over the button first before the Arch logo scales up. I tried logging in and out a couple of times and even rebooted.

My screen resolution is 1400x1050 and the font in the menu is at least one or two sizes too big

#205 2007-01-25 13:42:46

funkyou
Website

Does someone else has this problem with the button?

(lets see if there are more people having this problem)

I would suggest trying it with a new user for now... If that works ok, there is something strange with your config, otherwise i have to check out whats happening here...

The screen res is the same as on my machine... I 'll wait for some more feedback about this and will adjust the fonts afterwards...

#206 2007-01-25 15:42:23

cdhotfire

I don't know what you did but the new rels made scrolling in konqueror amazing!

Thanks.

[img]http://www.barbarawood.com/guestbook/images/smilies/koolaid.gif[/img]
"Ooooh Yaaaa!"

#207 2007-01-25 15:55:57

funkyou
Website

Thx

perhaps it was the kdelibs-3.5.5-khtml-smoothscroll-3.5.5-final.patch ... smile

#208 2007-01-25 16:29:00

superstoned

there is a theme (domino? not sure) which makes smooth scrolling default everywhere. very cool, wish the polyester author could implement that. and it should be default but configurable in KDE4, imho...

#209 2007-01-25 16:50:36

SchaduwBlink

funkyou wrote:

Thx

perhaps it was the kdelibs-3.5.5-khtml-smoothscroll-3.5.5-final.patch ... smile

Yep that's it. I put it in there when I was testing new patches and stuff. *whistles* Glad someone noticed the difference. tongue

Thanks for the update. smile

#210 2007-01-25 18:04:33

hjorthboggild

@ funkyou

I reset my kde settings and now the arch logo appears very nicely from the very first logon :-)

I haven't tried other qt-styles than Plastik after having reset my .kde settings, but at least for Plastisk it works smoothly :-)

#211 2007-01-25 22:58:42

AlexW

Hey, I just tried the new release and it's good, but the kickoff button took me by surprise. It may be worth pointing out to people that you can switch back to the old k-menu from the right click menu (that said, it's kind of growing on me:)).

Also, although the smooth-scroll is nice, I've found it has some real performance issues with some sites (beyondunreal.com for example) so is it possible to disable it in the configs somewhere?

Thanks smile

#212 2007-01-26 07:20:36

Adrynalyne

I'm having a problem with the kickoff graphic.  It doesn't show up for me at all, on a new installation of Arch and kdemod.

I'm using plastik style and theme.  Im not really sure where to go from here.

I've tried a new account as well.

#213 2007-01-26 09:42:42

superstoned

kickoff works fine here. i use the polyester style.

#214 2007-01-26 14:50:20

Adrynalyne

It works for me, I have no menu graphic, just a blank bar wink

#215 2007-01-26 18:59:04

Valheru

Ever since yesterday I've been getting :

pacman -S kdemod
kdemod: not found in sync db

WTF? I installed it fine on two computers, but now I can't anymore because pacman says it's not in teh database...

/edit : to forstall silly questions, yes I have the server line in my pacman.conft and I DID run pacman -Syu beforehand wink

#216 2007-01-26 23:01:46

funkyou
Website

AlexW wrote:

Hey, I just tried the new release and it's good, but the kickoff button took me by surprise. It may be worth pointing out to people that you can switch back to the old k-menu from the right click menu (that said, it's kind of growing on me:)).

Also, although the smooth-scroll is nice, I've found it has some real performance issues with some sites (beyondunreal.com for example) so is it possible to disable it in the configs somewhere?

Thanks smile

I have no performance issues with the smooth-scroll, even on beyondunreal.com, which uses transparency (slow thing)... I will check the patch if there is an option somewhere to disable it...

About the menu surprise ... I have written here and here that kickoff is included and that you can disable it, so what could i do more smile

Adrynalyne wrote:

I'm having a problem with the kickoff graphic.  It doesn't show up for me at all, on a new installation of Arch and kdemod.

I'm using plastik style and theme.  Im not really sure where to go from here.

I've tried a new account as well.

Please try it with a fresh user account...

Valheru wrote:

Ever since yesterday I've been getting :

pacman -S kdemod
kdemod: not found in sync db

WTF? I installed it fine on two computers, but now I can't anymore because pacman says it's not in teh database...

/edit : to forstall silly questions, yes I have the server line in my pacman.conft and I DID run pacman -Syu beforehand wink

Fixed. Thx for reporting.

#217 2007-01-26 23:22:14

Adrynalyne

Thanks, I've tried it with a fresh user account since last night (I mentioned that previously wink).  Same issue, Im afraid.

I even went so far as to do another clean installation, because I am a noob.

#218 2007-01-26 23:26:32

funkyou
Website

Adrynalyne wrote:

Thanks, I've tried it with a fresh user account since last night (I mentioned that previously wink).  Same issue, Im afraid.

I even went so far as to do another clean installation, because I am a noob.

opps, sorry... what qt style are you using? it seems that kickoff has some problems with certain styles... but maybe its a bug in kickoff, who knows... i will make a new kicker package with a newer version the next days, maybe it helps...

#219 2007-01-26 23:33:07

Adrynalyne

Actually, I fixed it.  One of the previous posters tipped me off.  Last night, I couldn't install with the command pacman -S kdemod, so I installed it with pacman -S kdemod-kdebase.

Once I saw that you corrected it, I reinstalled kdemod, and found I was missing about 50mb in packages.

All better now.

smile

#220 2007-01-27 12:50:57

AlexW

funkyou wrote:

I have no performance issues with the smooth-scroll, even on beyondunreal.com, which uses transparency (slow thing)... I will check the patch if there is an option somewhere to disable it...

Thats odd, my box should be more than able to handle the scrolling but it stutters with beyondunreal... maybe it has something to do with my X setup. Anyway, thanks big_smile

About the menu surprise ... I have written here and here that kickoff is included and that you can disable it, so what could i do more smile

Lol, didn't see those *must remember to search first ask last next time*

#221 2007-01-27 17:54:21

superstoned

Zack Russin's blog (http://zrusin.blogspot.com/) is also slow on my 2.2 ghz dualcore, so the hack isn't perfect yet. still, it works mostly, and i like it. Hope they work a bit on it for KDE 4...

#222 2007-01-27 20:50:14

funkyou
Website

Okidoki, i have resolved the problems with 3.5.6 and the build is almost finished here... Just have to do some testing, and then i will upload 3.5.6 to the server. This will take some time, as there are currently about 350mb packages (and still building some of them) as i have added a lot more localizations and some missing apps, so i think it will be finished + uploaded tomorrow...

btw: you will need to remove the old kdemod at first and install the new packages afterwards due to some package renaming, which i can not solve in another way... (maybe with a "replaces" field in the PKGBUILDs, but i think it will not work due whats written in the "provides"-fields)... But i can promise that this is the first and last time you have to do it that way, as the package names are now way better and i dont think i will change this again smile

btw: 3.5.6 feels a little more snappier, even on my fast machine smile

#223 2007-01-27 21:59:13

superstoned

great work, funkyou! i'll be on the lookout for them tomorow ;-)

thanx!

#224 2007-01-28 12:22:38

superstoned

btw just enabled the kopete reloading theme patch, looks nice. it's good the author seems to be going to join the Kopete dev's to work on the KDE 4 kopete version.

#225 2007-01-28 13:32:33

superstoned

btw funkyou,

the link to this forum on your kdemod page ( http://www.kdemod.ath.cx/?page_id=7 ) doesn't work anymore due to the forum changes here...

just saying ;-)

btw how's progress on 3.5.6? any new problems?

Board footer