You are not logged in.
Whenever I try to login to a GNOME session via lightdm, it hangs with a blank screen. I can move the cursor around and switch TTY sessions.
I can also log into KDE and Deepin without problems.
When querying 'systemctl status user@620.service after attempting to log into GNOME, I get the following response:
Loaded: loaded...
Active: failed (Result protocol)...
...
systemd[1455]: pam_unix(systemd-user:account): account lightdm has expired (account expired)
systemd[1455]: PAM failed: User account has expired
systemd[1455]: user@620.service: Failed to set up PAM session: Operation not permitted
systemd[1455]: user@620.service: Failed at step PAM spawning /usr/lib/systemd/systemd: Operation not permitted
systemd[1455]: user@620.service: Failed with result 'protocol'.
systemd[1455]: Failed to start User Manager for UID 620.'journalctl -f' contains
systemd[1]: Started Session c5 of user user
login[3673]: pam_env(login:setcred): Unrecognized Option: -Dswt.autoScale=100 - ignoring lineDoes someone have an idea what could be causing the problems?
Deleting the ~/.local folder fixed it the last time it happened, but I had to reconfigure everything manually again. I would like to avoid having to do that every time the issue occurs.
UPDATE:
I have narrowed the culprit down to ~/.local/share/gnome-shell.
It is probably a corrupted extension. I will try to narrow it down further tomorrow.
UPDATE2:
Found it. In my case it was the EasyScreenCast shell extension causing GNOME to hang.
Last edited by MrcJkb (2018-01-07 01:34:10)
Offline