You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-12 09:51:00

1202
Member
Registered: 2018-01-12
Posts: 5

KMail search not working: no agent 'akonadi_search_resource'

I've installed KMail on KDE Plasma, all latest versions, and it works fine. However, search seems to be an issue. At first, it worked, but now the search folders I created remain empty...

With the help of akonadictl the problem seems clear. When I refresh a search folder, akonadictl outputs:

org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Agent instance with identifier  "akonadi_search_resource"  does not exist

So, the search agent appears to be missing. I looked around and found out there is an 'akonadi-search' package. It was installed, but I installed it again. No change. I installed akonadi again: no change. I installed the 'akonadiconsole' package. This shows the agents in a GUI interface. There was no agent mentioning 'search', nor could I add one. I looked through some config files, like ~/.config/akonadi/agentsrc, but couldn't find anything about a search agent.

It feels like I'm chasing a ghost... Google has zero results relating to 'akonadi_search_resource'. The message from akonadictl seems so obvious: an agent by the name 'akonadi_search_resource' is missing, but I'm wondering if this agent exists, and if so: where mine has gone (I haven't changed anything and all versions are latest).

O yes, I also rebooted, as this is described as a good solution for some akonadi issues. But this doesn't help either.

I hope someone has an idea what the issue might be.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB