You are not logged in.
I noticed on several machines that the gnome-mahjongg had become slow responding to mouse clicks. My second to last full upgrade was on December 26 and all was well. Ran another upgrade on January 10 and started seeing the issue. I used the archives and rolled a VM back to December 25 and started upgrading packages. Through some trial and error, I zeroed in on the upgrade of librsvg from 2.40.20 to 2.42.0. If I ignore that one package, everything is fine. If I install it, it stars taking a second or two for gmome-mahjongg to respond. I have emailed the developer for librsvg, so we'll see what he says.
Last edited by rossboulet (2018-01-27 20:49:58)
I really hate this damn machine,
I wish that they would sell it.
It never does just what I want,
But only what I tell it. -Anonymous
Offline
I can confirm the issue. To add: the version 2:2.40.20-1 works fine for me, but if I upgrade to 2:2.41.2-1 the sluggishness appears. The current version (2:2.42.0-1) does not solve it.
I tried running gnome-mahjongg from a terminal, but it generates no output... Let's see what the developer says.
Offline
The developer responded:
Do the tiles or any of the SVGs involved have a lot of "transform" attributes?
The only major slowdown in librsvg's move to Rust, that I know of, is when many elements in the SVG have transform attributes. This will be fixed soon.
If there aren't a lot of transform attributes, then it's something else, and definitely needs investigating ![]()
Federico
I really hate this damn machine,
I wish that they would sell it.
It never does just what I want,
But only what I tell it. -Anonymous
Offline
Do the tiles or any of the SVGs involved have a lot of "transform" attributes?
It seems they have a lot, whatever a lot means, which would explain the slow down
$ grep transform /usr/share/gnome-mahjongg/themes/postmodern.svg
<use transform="translate(88.5,16.5) scale(1.22)" xlink:href="#dots"/>
<use transform="translate(88.5,42.5) scale(1.22)" xlink:href="#dots"/>
<use transform="translate(88.5,104.5) scale(1.22)" xlink:href="#dots"/>
<use transform="translate(88.5,130.5) scale(1.22)" xlink:href="#dots"/>
[...]
$ grep -c transform /usr/share/gnome-mahjongg/themes/postmodern.svg
170(I’m guessing the tiles are stored in this file, I might be wrong)
So let's hope that it's fixed soon.
Last edited by a821 (2018-01-13 21:59:32)
Offline
Agreed. Marking as solved.
I really hate this damn machine,
I wish that they would sell it.
It never does just what I want,
But only what I tell it. -Anonymous
Offline