You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-22 06:16:03

wsha

tracker-store takes a long time to terminte

I have noticed that tracker-store takes a long time to terminate. tracker-store is started by systemd when I log in through the /usr/lib/systemd/user/tracker-store.service file that comes with tracker. When I try to log out, systemd hangs 90 seconds waiting for the stop job on tracker-store.service to time out. I tried starting starting tracker-store on the command line myself and sending it SIGTERM from another terminal. After some amount of time (at least five minutes), tracker-store did finish shutting down cleanly. Besides the annoyance of the time out on log out, tracker also has to do a CPU intensive integrity check the next time I log in because systemd kills the process before it shuts down cleanly.

Could there be something wrong with my configuration, or could this be a bug? What could I try to avoid this? In searching around, I found that at least a couple other people also have this issue, for example, here: https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issu … -351433148

When I terminated tracker-store manually, I saw this output from tracker-store:

Received signal:15->'Terminated'Tracker-Message: Shutdown started
Tracker-Message: Cleaning up
(tracker-store:15689): Tracker-DEBUG: Preparing query: 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Graph'
Tracker-INFO: Closed sqlite3 database:'/home/user/.cache/tracker/meta.db'
Tracker-INFO: Closed sqlite3 database:'/home/user/.cache/tracker/meta.db'
Tracker-Message: Stopping tracker-store 2.0.2

OK

#2 2018-02-05 20:08:57

marcD

Re: tracker-store takes a long time to terminte

Hi,

I confirm this bug: I have the same issue on my laptop (but not on my desktop, strangely). Did you find any fix for this ?

#3 2018-02-06 04:38:38

wsha

No, so far, I haven't figured much out beyond my first post. I have rebooted without tracker timing out, so it isn't every time, but I haven't figured out a pattern for the times when it does hang.

Last edited by wsha (2018-02-13 02:54:43)

#4 2018-02-13 02:56:48

wsha

Good news regarding this -- I asked on the Tracker mailing list and got this reply from Carlos Garnacho:

I traced this to the VACUUM that was added sort
of recently, which turned out to be a bit too eager.

I pushed https://git.gnome.org/browse/tracker/co … a4bbd8214f
so it kicks in only when the database gets exceedingly large.

Last edited by wsha (2018-02-13 02:57:07)

Board footer