You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-29 13:03:51

jared
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2012-01-16
Posts: 62

[SOLVED] Trouble getting HP OfficeJet 6600 to work

Hi all,

I am trying to add a HP OfficeJet 6600 printer/scanner to my installation.

Installed packages:

  • cups

  • ghostscript

  • foomatic-db

  • foomatic-db-engine

  • foomatic-db-nonfree

  • foomatic-db-ppds

  • hplip

The printer can be found.

$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 03f0:5d12 Hewlett-Packard

GNOME also finds the printer, but when I try to add it via GUI, I get a "failed to add new printer" message. No error code, nothing. Trying to add the printer via CUPS dashboard (http://localhost:631/admin/) also failed, but with a "No printers found."

I am running out of ideas what might be the problem.
Can anyone help me?

Last edited by jared (2018-01-30 15:22:08)

Offline

#2 2018-01-29 22:04:37

paulkerry
Member
From: Sheffield, UK
Registered: 2014-10-02
Posts: 611

Re: [SOLVED] Trouble getting HP OfficeJet 6600 to work

Offline

#3 2018-01-30 15:21:47

jared
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2012-01-16
Posts: 62

Re: [SOLVED] Trouble getting HP OfficeJet 6600 to work

I was able to solve this issue. I missed two packages (to be honest, I do not know which one solved the problem). However, it seems I missed the printer drivers (ppds), which I thought are included in the foomatic-db packages I had already installed.

The full ist of packages installed, which solved the problem for me:

Installed packages:

  • cups

  • ghostscript

  • foomatic-db

  • foomatic-db-engine

  • foomatic-db-gutenprint-ppds

  • foomatic-db-nonfree

  • foomatic-db-nonfree-ppds

  • foomatic-db-ppds

  • hplip

I had to add the printer via CUPS, it did not work via GNOME.
Printing and scanning, both work now.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB