You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-01 01:52:38

bnb2235
Member
Registered: 2011-02-13
Posts: 119

Thumbnails with PTP camera

What is the current situation with thumbnails and PTP cameras in file mangers? I have tried everything I could think of or find concerning thumbnails in file managers, specifically Nautilus and Thunar. I simply cannot see thumbnails after mounting a PTP camera with gvfs-gphoto2. As part of testing, I tried the current live versions of Ubuntu and Fedora. Neither of those will show thumbnails in Nautilus. I also tested an old Ubuntu (12.04 I believe) and this did show thumbnails in Nautilus (3.4.1)

I did try some other programs to try and aid with this. gthumb suited me best for what I wanted to do. It seems that Ubuntu and Fedora both favored Shotwell. I personally didn't prefer Shotwell because it wants to import the photos from the camera. I only wanted to select certain pictures (via thumbnail) and copy and paste to the file system.

In summary, is it possible to show thumbnails in Nautilus or Thunar of a PTP camera? What method are others using to work with digital cameras? I know card reader is an option, but that method has lead to instances of me having the camera and the SD card still at home plugged into the computer :-(

Thanks

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB