You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-04 01:27:01

SolarAquarion

all apps that use the pygtk in the repo is failing for a glibc reason

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: ../elf/dl-tls.c: 74: _dl_next_tls_modid: Assertion `result <= GL(dl_tls_max_dtv_idx) + 1' failed!

solaraquarion@apollo   ~/pkgbuild/deluge-stable-git    (git)-[ master]   deluge                                                                                                   127 ↵  1662  20:26:42 
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pantheon-filechooser-module"
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: ../elf/dl-tls.c: 74: _dl_next_tls_modid: Assertion `result <= GL(dl_tls_max_dtv_idx) + 1' failed

solaraquarion@apollo   ~/pkgbuild/deluge-stable-git    (git)-[ master]   sonata                                                                                                       ✔  1665  20:27:29 
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pantheon-filechooser-module"
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: ../elf/dl-tls.c: 74: _dl_next_tls_modid: Assertion `result <= GL(dl_tls_max_dtv_idx) + 1' failed! 

Some pygtk apps are working like if i compile deluge from develop aka use deluge-git it works but from stable it fails

EDIT: It needed a reboot for some reason

Last edited by SolarAquarion (2018-02-04 17:10:15)

#2 2018-02-04 02:01:19

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: all apps that use the pygtk in the repo is failing for a glibc reason

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 7#p1739637
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 3#p1753873

You've been asked nicely twice.  Please make an effort to help us help you.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2018-02-04 03:57:04

SolarAquarion

Trilby wrote:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 7#p1739637
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 3#p1753873

You've been asked nicely twice.  Please make an effort to help us help you.

i fixed it

#4 2018-02-04 11:56:04

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

No, you added quote tags, and only to one post. I'm not sure whether to put this down as ineptitude, or a deliberate act of flaunting the rules. I'm going to assume the former, but please note that continuing to flaunt the Code of Conduct will have repercussions. Edit your post to use code tags, and retrospectively apply them to all your posts where they are appropriate.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … s_and_code

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

#5 2018-02-04 12:21:16

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Note that while it is expected/required by forum guidelines, the primary reason I really prodded for code tags here is that is was very far from obvious to me what in that block of text was a command, what was output from a command, what was what seems to be a long/complicated prompt string with special characters that don't show up properly in my browser, and what is your own commentary/introduction.

With the quote tags - assuming they're encapsulating only what they should be, I can infer that your prompt ends with "master]" followed by one non ascii character.  So I believe you attempted to run just the commands `deluge` and `sonata`.  Each of those are followed by another line which I can only guess is from what was a right-justified element of your prompt, but now it's intermixed with command output.  Please consider cleaning this up yourself to avoid confusion and make it easier for others to see what we need to see to help you.  Don't make reading your commands/output a scavenger hunt.

Also if my above inferences are correct there is other output above the first command which lacks context.  What is that?  What command was run?  Was there more before that odd "{text}"?  Or might this be some other terminal decoration of yours that is not relevant to the problem?

EDIT: now on the actual problem, each of those GTK warnings yeild very clear results when put into google.  Have you tried this yourself?  Provide some of the relevant background?  I might also infer that you previously used pantheon but you removed some/all of pantheon now ... I have no idea if this is correct, but if it is the solution will be in your first google hit.  If not, prehaps you should provide background so we don't have to guess.

The above would be my nearly random guess on the GTK warnings.  The third error though may suggest something off with ffmpeg.  My (almost) wild guess would be that you have a custom ffmpeg package and/or have done some sort of partial upgrade.  This is a bit supported by the very little background you provided that you are rebuilding these packages yourself.  Do you get all the same errors with repo packages?  Why are you rebuilding these yourself?  What changes are you making?

Last edited by Trilby (2018-02-04 12:30:48)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#6 2018-02-04 13:35:16

SolarAquarion

the weird thing is that if i install deluge-git the issue doesn't occur and launch as it's supposed too.  The issue is not Pantheon and the modules.
The problem is not with pantheon as far as I know.  The issue is not with ffmpeg also especially since deluge has nothing to do with ffmpeg.  I dd LD_DEBUG=all and it didn't give me useful data, but, as i said I installed deluge-git and it didn't give me that ld.so error

Board footer