You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-05 11:03:00

anark10n
Member
Registered: 2012-10-13
Posts: 212

[Resolved] Firefox 58 rendering glyphs incorrectly

Hey there

I ran upgrade recently and found out that on some sites, some glyphs don't render correctly e.g godaddy.com
uYzNdiw.png

I have tried downgrading to firefox 57, but it still renders the same. Disabling add-ons didn't help either. What else can i check to resolve this?

Last edited by anark10n (2018-02-20 13:47:33)

Offline

#2 2018-02-05 11:48:38

Next7
Member
Registered: 2011-12-07
Posts: 44

Re: [Resolved] Firefox 58 rendering glyphs incorrectly

It is most likely the freetype 2.9 bug.

Offline

#3 2018-02-08 20:52:08

isaacnewman
Member
Registered: 2018-01-11
Posts: 3

Re: [Resolved] Firefox 58 rendering glyphs incorrectly

I can replicate your screenshot if I disable remote fonts using uBlock Origin.

Perhaps downloadable fonts are somehow disabled in your config, have you tried a fresh Firefox profile?

Offline

#4 2018-02-20 13:47:21

anark10n
Member
Registered: 2012-10-13
Posts: 212

Re: [Resolved] Firefox 58 rendering glyphs incorrectly

A fresh firefox profile didn't help. But this seemed to resolve all by itself somehow as the glyphs are showing correctly. I have no idea why, as I made no changes to my system since getting it.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB