You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-07 18:21:55

wifon

qbittorrent closes itself

Hi
Recently I've noticed that qbittorrent happen to shut down itself for no reason, at least not that I know one. Today for example, I left it running when leaving to work. I've just came back and see that qbittorrent isn't running anymore. Few days ago I've noticed the same while watching a movie - I thought it was running all the time, but after I watched the movie and left full screen mode, qbittorrent tray icon was gone and so was it's window.

What's weird I don't have any logs in ~/.local/share/data/qBittorrent, as it was the first place I wanted to look for any anomalies (logs folder doesn't exists even though I have logs enabled and set under this default path)

What would you suggest me to look for?

I'm running up to date version from repo

anon in ~ pacman -Q | grep torrent
libtorrent-rasterbar 1:1.1.6-1
qbittorrent 4.0.3-2

#2 2018-02-10 03:09:05

Cerbereus

Re: qbittorrent closes itself

Hello, well maybe is the qt packages, but the best way to test it try to run it on terminal, let it open don' t close the terminal maybe you can check what warning or error show that made it close. Is your hard drive full? you should check that.

#3 2018-02-10 07:27:33

justasug

Did you perhaps turn on the option which shuts qBittorrent down after all the downloads are complete? Check that first.

#4 2018-04-03 17:58:49

wifon

Cerbereus wrote:

the best way to test it try to run it on terminal, let it open don' t close the terminal maybe you can check what warning or error show that made it close. Is your hard drive full?

Unfortunately when you start qbittorrent from terminal, it drops from terminal and nothing is printed to it. Drive isn't full

justasug wrote:

Did you perhaps turn on the option which shuts qBittorrent down after all the downloads are complete? Check that first.

No, that's not the case

But I think I may've found what is the cause. Today when I was browsing internet with qbittorrent running in background, I've seen several notifications about IO Error: Too many open files. After a couple of them got displayed, qbittorrent icon disappeared from tray. Seems like a fair cause as I happen to seed lots of torrents at the same time. Is it safe to increase the limit of open files?

Board footer