You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-15 02:51:10

Zazzman

In mkinitcpio, where to find the end resulting "init" that'll be used?

TL;DR -So, weird setup. Need to know where the "init" will be that tells my machine how to boot up, using Mkinitcpio.

Any other directions, wiki entries, suggestions, etc appreciated.

Full madness:

Zraid as root, each drive under LUKS with detached headers. Hoping to chainload to another grub inside the crypt on ZFS, but that's another matter entirely for later.

So... I've tried Dracut, aboriginal, a few gentoo tools like bliss-initramfs... and nothing seems to both:

a)gather everything

b)open the crypt on more than the first drive.

Looking in to Gentoo's wiki on custom initramfs only lead me down some dark alleys, where I couldn't gather enough statically compiled everything. The closest I got was with bliss-initramfs, which I had to uncompress, rewrite the init, and recompress. But that is *far* from satisfying, and doesnt allow for the flexibility and extensibility of mkinitcpio.

Is there somewhere I could just drop in a manually hard-coded init and have it used by Mkinitcpio?

#2 2018-02-15 03:09:07

Zazzman

Re: In mkinitcpio, where to find the end resulting "init" that'll be used?

Am I looking at it in the /usr/lib/initcpio folder?

#3 2018-02-15 03:12:02

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#4 2018-02-15 03:24:25

loqs

/usr/lib/initcpio/init will become /init in the initrd unless the systemd hook is used in which case systemd will become /init in the initrd.
Changing /init should be a last resort if you can not achieve your objective using MODULES FILES BINARIES and HOOKS mkinitcpio provides as normal customization options.
For instance if you wanted a zfs root you could create a zfs hook for that or use one of the ones provided by the zfs PKGBUILD's in AUR.

Board footer