You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-21 11:48:27

esonn
Member
From: Austria
Registered: 2015-10-01
Posts: 62

[SOLVED] Albert/Qt problem: UI shrinked in size as a whole

I updated albert-lite from 0.10 to 0.14.15 today, and now the  configuration UI is extremely small - it looks a bit like I would run a non-HiDPI application on a HiDPI screen (which I do not). I don't usually use Qt applications, but the few others I have installed work very well and don't show this behaviour (qalculate, qtconfig, etc).

I use XFCE on top of i3-gaps, and xf86-video-intel driving an 3440x1440 ultra-wide screen. I also did an -Syu, but that's regular weekly maintenance anyway and albert worked fine for many months before. To me, it doesn't look like this phenomenon is really specific to albert (rather Qt I suspect), but it doesn't happen with any other program AFAIS. Anyone has experienced something like that before?

Edit: Previous post title was misleading, sorry for that.

Last edited by esonn (2018-02-22 11:32:27)


Anyone who quotes me in their sig is an idiot. -- Rusty Russell

Offline

#2 2018-02-22 09:57:33

yttrium
Member
Registered: 2017-02-19
Posts: 11

Re: [SOLVED] Albert/Qt problem: UI shrinked in size as a whole

You will need to play with some environment variables in order to have the scaling of this QT 5 application right. You can test including the environment in the command, e.g. launching albert with "env QT_SCALE_FACTOR=0 albert" (where you may want to try setting 0 to larger values)

Offline

#3 2018-02-22 11:31:55

esonn
Member
From: Austria
Registered: 2015-10-01
Posts: 62

Re: [SOLVED] Albert/Qt problem: UI shrinked in size as a whole

Thank you very much, that's precisely what did the trick. Still don't have any idea how the scaling got messed up, but I just set that variable in the according startup script. Thanks!


Anyone who quotes me in their sig is an idiot. -- Rusty Russell

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB