You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-24 19:29:55

RogerB

Wrong battery percentage

Hello Guys,

I would like to ask you maybe somebody have similar problem to me and  know some solution.

I have a dell alienware 14 r4 and I have problem with battery value. When I have 0% my laptop still working and it can works next a few minutes. I don't have a problem that I need super correct indications but I'm a little afraid that I will charge my battery too ofen what will affect short battery life. Do you have some idea what I can do with it?

ArchLinux most powerful distribution. Deal with it

#2 2018-02-24 19:35:46

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Wrong battery percentage

RogerB wrote:

but I'm a little afraid that I will charge my battery too ofen what will affect short battery life. Do you have some idea what I can do with it?

Most advice is to not let a battery regularly fully discharge.  So if it's saying 0%, even if it's not perfectly accurate, *plug it in*.

Last edited by Trilby (2018-02-24 19:36:03)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2018-02-25 12:42:44

RogerB

Re: Wrong battery percentage

I agree with you, Li-Ion batteries shouldn't be fully discharge or all time charged fully.

I just like when everything what I'm using is working correctly smile this is more important for me and this is reason why I wrote this topic smile

ArchLinux most powerful distribution. Deal with it

Board footer