You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-27 17:06:10

MichaelTunnell
Website

[Solved] Use evrouter exclusively while disabling original keystrokes?

I'd like to make a second keyboard only perform evrouter tasks. I have built it so this specific keyboard performs evrouter tasks successfully but the original keypress is also registered before evrouter is deployed.

I'd like to remove the original keystroke and just do the evrouter output. Does anyone know the best way to accomplish that?

* Thus far I have built support for evrouter to this keyboard and it activates tasks.

* I have disabled the keyboard via `xinput set-int-prop` which still allows evrouter to accept signals from they keyboard.

The problem is that solution isn't permanent because the ID for the `xinput set-int-prop` command changes upon boot. I haven't tested how often it changes but it has changed on me a couple of times and as far as I know it is not possible to disable the keyboard based on its name.

Any ideas?

---

Edit:
Now that I think about it . . . maybe I could do a xinput call for the list of IDs then grep/gawk it for the value and then use that in a script. Hmm . . . going to try that now. smile

---

Edit 2:
Yep, grep and gawk method worked so yea nevermind. I can't delete this thread so if a mod wants to feel free. smile
I'll probably make a tutorial for this because it is so cool. smile

Last edited by MichaelTunnell (2018-02-28 07:19:27)

#2 2018-02-28 07:16:18

fdservices

Re: [Solved] Use evrouter exclusively while disabling original keystrokes?

Just add [Solved] to the title

Andrew

Board footer