You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-10 11:49:58

amca01
Member
Registered: 2008-12-28
Posts: 61

sagemath crashes on opening

Last week I was using the mathematics package sagemath; since then I've done a system upgrade and also reinstalled sagemath.  And now it crashes on starting, producing a lengthy crash file which I've emailed to the developers.  However, I'm wondering f this is a known issue for which there's a simple workaround?

Thank you!

Offline

#2 2018-03-10 13:10:00

arojas
Developer
From: Spain
Registered: 2011-10-09
Posts: 2,309

Re: sagemath crashes on opening

How could we possibly know if you don't post the crash log?

Offline

#3 2018-03-10 15:14:29

amca01
Member
Registered: 2008-12-28
Posts: 61

Re: sagemath crashes on opening

Ahh!  My mistake.  I didn't remove an older version of Sage first; hence my command "sage" was referring to this old version (I think it was one I'd compiled from source).  I deleted that and all the links to it, so that "sage" now refers to the version just installed using pacman.  And it works fine.  Sorry for wasting bandwidth and time!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB