You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-15 22:04:17

zeeshan_y

[SOLVED] error at bootup and system hang [SOLVED]

[13.1117293] tpm tpm0: tpm_transmit: tpm_send: error -62

i enable/ disable tpm in BIOS but error not solved...
System => Lenovo ThinkStation S20

if anyone have solution for it..kindly help me..

Last edited by zeeshan_y (2018-03-16 02:32:34)

#2 2018-03-15 22:39:56

loqs

Re: [SOLVED] error at bootup and system hang [SOLVED]

Welcome to the arch linux forums zeeshan_y.  When did this issue start happening?  Does it also happen if you boot using the installation media?
What other output is produced if any before the system hangs?  Is more output produced if you change the kernel paramaters to remove quiet if present and add loglevel=7 ?

Last edited by loqs (2018-03-15 22:40:20)

#3 2018-03-15 23:42:13

zeeshan_y

thanks for replying sir...no it didn't happened when i booted using installation media...it happened after i installed desktop environment (plasma) for my arch... (tpm tpm0: tpm_transmit: tpm_send: error -62) after booting up it now displays this error with blinking underscore...i tried to changed virtual console but it didn't changed after that screen start flickering between two virtual terminals

Last edited by zeeshan_y (2018-03-15 23:45:44)

#4 2018-03-15 23:53:35

loqs

If a display manager starts on boot you can stop it from starting by  changing the default boot target to multi-user.target.
If a display manager is not in use try rescue.target or emergency.target to see if you can access a console.
If you still can not access a console chroot in see if there are any journal records for the failing boot.
Please also post the systems pacman.log from the update where plasma was install onwards or the complete log.

#5 2018-03-16 01:08:34

zeeshan_y

thank you sir for helpful suggestions my problem is clear now...but now i am facing a new problem....
when i logged into user account display got stuck at splash screen kde loading icon appears and after that there is nothing to display only cursor is being displayed...
any suggestions..

#6 2018-03-16 01:29:05

loqs

loqs wrote:

Please also post the systems pacman.log from the update where plasma was install onwards or the complete log.

zeeshan_y wrote:

thank you sir for helpful suggestions my problem is clear now...

Please explain exactly what the problem is

zeeshan_y wrote:

when i logged into user account display got stuck at splash screen kde loading icon appears and after that there is nothing to display only cursor is being displayed...

logged into user account from what a display manager?  If so which one.  If a console have you configured X or Wayland to autostart kde?
If you are manually starting X or Wayland please post the dmesg as well the requested pacman.log before starting X or Wayland.
If you can not access a console please post the journal from one boot with the issue using the methods outlined in post #4 instead of dmesg.

#7 2018-03-16 01:40:14

zeeshan_y

i am using (sddm) as display manager...my last issue regarding system hang was resolved...
now i can access my console as well as GUI..
but at login panel after logging into my user account screen got stuck at splash screen with loading icon...
it only displays mouse cursor which is move-able..i mean cursor can be moved but no display screen after login splash screen...

#8 2018-03-16 02:05:42

loqs

zeeshan_y wrote:

i am using (sddm) as display manager...my last issue regarding system hang was resolved...

Code_of_conduct#Life_is_a_two-way_street
What was the solution?
Code_of_conduct#How_to_post

Choose one topic per thread. Long threads are typically discouraged in the technical issue subforums.

Finally, when a solution is found, mark your thread as solved by editing the first post and prepending the tag [SOLVED] to the title in the "Subject" field.
Note that you should avoid using [CLOSED], which is instead used by the system to mark a thread which is no longer accessible for new posts.

zeeshan_y wrote:

now i can access my console as well as GUI..
but at login panel after logging into my user account screen got stuck at splash screen with loading icon...
it only displays mouse cursor which is move-able..i mean cursor can be moved but no display screen after login splash screen...

#9 2018-03-16 02:14:33

zeeshan_y

system got hanged due to the nvidia and nvidia-utils package which i installed they are not compatible with my system hardware...i.e too old nvidia card i were using for testing purposes...
which cause the system to hang...
thnks for your suggestions...they help me a-lot in figuring out the problem...

Board footer