You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-17 02:58:16

Jont828

GNOME: Multiple shortcuts for audio play/pause?

Hi, I'm using GNOME and my laptop doesn't have an audio play key, but my keyboard does. gnome-control-center has the default value for audio play, XF86AudioPlay, but I would like to assign Ctrl+Alt+Space to the same shortcut as well, so that way I don't lose functionality on my external keyboard or my laptop. The shortcut is in /org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/media-keys/play in dconf, but I can't seem to get it to accept 2 different shortcuts. I've tried using [XF86AudioPlay, '<Primary><Alt>space'], but it doesn't respond to either shortcut that way. Is there anyway I can get both XF86AudioPlay and Ctrl+Alt+Space to be the audio play shortcut?

#2 2018-10-25 16:44:25

alexf

Re: GNOME: Multiple shortcuts for audio play/pause?

I'm also hoping there's a solution to this issue. When I'm at home I use a keyboard with discreet media controls, but at work I need to map Play/Pause to the Pause function. I would very much like to not have to reset the same shortcut when I move locations.

EDIT:

Jont828 I actually just found a solution to this!

I installed playerctl, following  this post, then mapped my second keyboard shortcut to the command:

playerctl play-pause

I hope this works for you.

-Alex

Last edited by alexf (2018-10-25 16:54:41)

Board footer