You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-18 10:20:31

Xeno_Idaltu
Website

Rhythmbox keeps changing songs' metadata without my consent!

I was bored so I decided to make albums with various artists. Each album I created had only songs from a particular genre and sound effects that were similar and/or had a story to tell.

When Rhythmbox's Metadata Fetch Plug-Ins are ON they automatically edit multiple songs. When I turn them OFF, one or two songs get edited. -___- I've always had this problem with Rhythmbox since 2013. Could it be that Rhythmbox's GNOME has problems with KDE'S QT scripts?

This is what I have:
* Denied Complete Access Permission to Group & Others for every song.
* All Plug Ins related to Online Metadata Fetch are turned off.
* I know I could stop Rhythmbox from editing metadata by having [Owner can Only Read]
* But I organize each song while listening to it. I have [Owner can Read & Write]

It's getting annoying.
What commands should I use to completely remove these plug-ins from the system?
* Cover Art Search
* DAAP Music Sharing
* Grilo Media Browser

Last edited by Xeno_Idaltu (2018-03-18 10:26:04)

"Open/Free Source the future!"

#2 2018-03-18 12:31:18

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Rhythmbox keeps changing songs' metadata without my consent!

All of the plugins are made available through optional dependencies, remove the relevant ones. However instead of trying to disable this through external means and potentially crippling Rhythmbox for no reason you might want to report a bug to the rhythmbox devs, given that you are sure that you really didn't just overlook a setting.

#3 2018-03-19 12:11:54

Xeno_Idaltu
Website

Re: Rhythmbox keeps changing songs' metadata without my consent!

I sent the bug report to Rhythmbox's developers.

To be honest with you I don't think I will go back to Rhythmbox. Quod Libet has all the cool customizations I couldn't do with Rhythmbox! big_smile

"Open/Free Source the future!"

Board footer