You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-01 23:26:42

davidm

Suddenly no sound in Firefox [Solved]

edit:  How embarassing.  Somehow it was actually muted in the per application area inside the Pulseaudio controls.  I use a 4k display and it was so small that I did not notice this.  All fixed! hmm

Suddenly I cannot get any sound in firefox however everything else works fine including sound in Chromium.  I did just recently update to 59.0.2 and reboot.  Is anyone else having an issue?  Any ideas what to check?  I went ahead and checked the application audio stream volume as well and surprisingly those are on 100% for the firefox entries already.

When starting Firefox from the CLI and trying to play a youtube video I do notice this:

$ firefox

###!!! [Parent][DispatchAsyncMessage] Error: PClientSourceOp::Msg___delete__ Route error: message sent to unknown actor ID

[Child 3242, MediaPlayback #4] WARNING: Decoder=7f61777b06a0 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox/src/mozilla-unified/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3453

###!!! [Parent][DispatchAsyncMessage] Error: PClientSourceOp::Msg___delete__ Route error: message sent to unknown actor ID

Last edited by davidm (2018-04-02 19:45:00)

Board footer