You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-03 22:28:26

Scruffman

[SOLVED]Network Sharing Through NetworkManager Does Not Work On Deepin

I am trying to share the connection I have through one Ethernet port to another computer by plugging an Ethernet cable between them (I have two Ethernet ports). I have set this up without any issues with the nm-connection-editor while using the Enlightenment window manager, however, when I do the same thing in the Deepin desktop environment, Deepin will handle all network functions instead and override my changes. I searched through Deepin's settings but couldn't find anything related to what I want. I cannot seem to find anyway to disable Deepin's network configuration tool either, and the only resource I found from Deepin was this forum post: https://bbs.deepin.org/forum.php?mod=vi … tid=132533 which claims that Deepin v15.4 will support this functionality.

Any idea if there's some way to do this through NetworkManager on Deepin? Or do I just need to use a different network manager to work around Deepin taking over my network interfaces?

I have Deepin v15.5 according to /etc/deepin-version. My system is fully up to date as well. I can post the contents of any logs and/or post my hardware. I didn't post them here because this seems like missing functionality from Deepin that has nothing to do with any errors or hardware incompatibility...

Last edited by Scruffman (2018-04-03 22:58:18)

#2 2018-04-03 22:54:07

Scruffman

Re: [SOLVED]Network Sharing Through NetworkManager Does Not Work On Deepin

Okay, I've solved it already... Turns out I needed to setting list, click the check-mark to stop using any settings made by Deepin, and THEN create a new setting with nm-connection-editor that auto-starts when available. Now I just need to make sure I don't edit any of its settings with Deepin...

Board footer