You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-06 13:19:27

drcouzelis
Website

[SOLVED] What is creating the "audio-projects" directory in my home?

I recently discovered a mysterious directory in my home directory, that looks like this:

"~/audio-projects/New Project/.id/0f65e6e3-850c-4359-b122-dbc8cf9ce9db/.config/" (The last directory is empty.)

It reappears every time I boot my computer. It's driving me bonkers! Who is creating this directory??

...I finally figured it out. Searching and searching and searching led me to this page for the manual for LASH, the "LASH Audio Session Handler". Next, I discovered I had the "lash" package installed, because it's a dependency for "fluidsynth", which I installed for MIDI music in some video games. I didn't see an immediate way to disable the directory in a running LASH instance, but I did find the option to change the directory location by using the "configure" script when building the LASH package. Next, I discovered that the manual is wrong big_smile and after discovering what the command line option is supposed to be, I got a copy of the "lash" PKGBUild file and added "--with-project-dir" to it:

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-project-dir=".cache/lash-audio-projects"

And installed my newly built "lash" package. Problem solved! smile

Board footer