You are not logged in.

#1 2006-07-30 05:00:43

V01D

Any simple workaround for the 'umount -a' bug?

On Arch 0.7.2 the installer seems to use a busybox version that has a bug (according to what I've read) or maybe busybox isn't built with the umount -a feature.

The thing is that 'umount -a' doesn't work so, after installation, the partitions aren't umounted which results in FS errors on the next boot.
As I'm developing an automated installation I don't use ArchLinux installation scripts but I stumble into this problem.

Anyone can think of a simple shell snippet to umount all mounted filesystems?
Something like a loop would do, but I can't think of anything simple.

Maybe I can even use an  updated ramdisk or update/patch busybox on the 0.7.2 initrd.

#2 2006-07-30 18:55:07

detto

Re: Any simple workaround for the 'umount -a' bug?

dunno exactly whats the problem :S
all the time ive installed arch using ext3 as fs it does indeed a quick check during first boot but that always looks like wanted to me, and also is only maybe 3-4 secs long. what fs are u using in installation?

#3 2006-07-30 18:59:36

V01D

Re: Any simple workaround for the 'umount -a' bug?

detto wrote:

dunno exactly whats the problem :S
all the time ive installed arch using ext3 as fs it does indeed a quick check during first boot but that always looks like wanted to me, and also is only maybe 3-4 secs long. what fs are u using in installation?

well that check is probably the result of the filesystem not being umount ed correctly. The problem is supposed to be a bug in 'busybox', the program that's behind all basic comands on the installation. If you try to do 'umount -a' it doesn't work (it should umount everything).

My filesystem of choice is reiserfs, and it does handle problems like this. But that's not the point. There's a bug that needs to be fixed.

Board footer