You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-17 10:22:33

childerico

[SOLVED] Grpahical issues with Plasma

Hi, I re-installed KDE Plasma after a few years not using it any more. It used to work well on my machine, but now I am experiencing several issues.  Text, icons, and widgets are not displayed correctly, as you can see in the image below. Applications seem to be displayed correctly. The problem is mainly related to the desktop panels and other Plasma-specific windows (e.g., System Settings).

I have already tried clearing Plasma configuration and cache, switching between OpenGL/Xrender for compositing, enabling/disabling desktop effects. The issues persist.
I am using X window server, with NVIDIA proprietary drivers. Any suggestions to further investigate/solve those issues?

Thanks in advance!

FluxBB bbcode test

Last edited by childerico (2018-04-18 17:00:30)

#2 2018-04-17 22:59:37

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: [SOLVED] Grpahical issues with Plasma

Looks like a wrong font at first glance, make sure you set proper font families in the settings.

You might want to post/look at

qdbus org.kde.plasmashell /PlasmaShell org.kde.PlasmaShell.dumpCurrentLayoutJS
journalctl -b

#3 2018-04-18 16:59:57

childerico

Re: [SOLVED] Grpahical issues with Plasma

Thanks for your suggestions. I had already checked the logs yesterday, but I missed an error reported by kwin. Searching information about that error, I discovered the issues are caused by a known bug in the latest version of libepoxe (as discussed here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=235021 ).

So, I am sorry for having opened this new thread. I'll mark it as solved, although only a workaround is available at the moment for solving the issues.

Board footer