You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-26 19:11:05

Solace7

[SOLVED]JACK Audio with Bluetooth Headphones

Greetings all,

After a bit of searching and finding nothing I come to the forums. After much tweaking I finally managed to get jack and pulseaudio to work nicely with one another. My only gripe at this point is with my bluetooth earphones.
If I'm using an application that defaults to pulseaudio (firefox, vlc,etc) I can just open pavucontrol and have it route its audio to my bluetooth earphones instead. This isn't the case if I'm using something like LMMS, or Ardour with JACK and want to be able to listen through my earphones.

Is this something I could achieve? Perhaps create a node for my bluetooth earphones that I could route audio to via catia, much how I do now with pulseaudio sink. Or will I have to find some other work around?

Many thanks.

~Sol

Last edited by Solace7 (2018-04-29 04:10:10)

Solace Greyowl

#2 2018-04-26 19:58:12

ooo

Re: [SOLVED]JACK Audio with Bluetooth Headphones

You simply need to set up your JACK server to output to your bluetooth headphones.

However, since JACK can't output to pulseaudio, you need to set up your headphones with ALSA, which apparently doesn't work out of the box: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth_headset

Once you got that working, it should be as simple as using the ALSA device for your headphones for JACK output.

#3 2018-04-29 04:09:45

Solace7

Re: [SOLVED]JACK Audio with Bluetooth Headphones

Swell. I also managed to find a way via alsa_in & alsa_out (Which will also work well for using my microphone).

Solace Greyowl

Board footer